What does a Senior Intelligence Analyst do?
As an Intelligence Analyst you will focus on a country or specific field gathering information, analyzing and making assessments and developing reports based on intelligence gathered. You may work as part of a geographically dispersed team or foreign local team. This may be work in an office environment as part of a cross functional team. You will make presentations on your findings and the information you provide will be used by leaders in the organization to business and geopolitical decisions
An ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in political science or a related field with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role. Language proficiency in a language other than English is essential. A background check is required before an offer can be extended. The ability to pass a maintain a clearance and the willingness to travel 20% of the time is essential.
- Examine information from a wide array of foreign sources
- Evaluate and assess gathered information
- Develop meaningful intelligence assessments, free of any bias
- Responsible for report writing and making oral briefings
- Abide by all security protocols
- Integrate the cultural context from foreign sources
- Work under tight deadlines
- Work effectively with a cross functional team
- Master's degree in political science or related field, preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Language proficiency in a language other than English
- Subject matter expertise in a field (politics, economics, crime or related fields)
- Skilled in written and oral communication
- Well honed analytical skills
- Background check required
- Ability to travel 20% of the time
- Pass and maintain a secret/top secret clearance
Senior Intelligence Analyst Salaries
There are no current reports for Senior Intelligence Analyst salaries. You can add additional job titles in your job preferences to see related salary information.
Senior Intelligence Analyst Career Path
Learn how to become a Senior Intelligence Analyst, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Senior Intelligence Analyst Insights
“This is an excellent Opportunity to develop your work experience and pivot into a new career field!”
“You get to meet great people along the way and leave your mark in history.”
“Pay is good (although I haven't gotten a raise in 3 years despite my co”
“I was on the lower end of pay per my team but it was still good.”
“Upper GS levels in comparison to DOD are not respected nor looked upon in the same prestigiousness.”
“The pay is horrible for deploying as a contractor which is 33% of the time with this contract.”
“Guaranteed pay check for entire contract if you keep up your end of the deal.”
“Numerous pay issues and no written policies or breakdowns to how they are paying me or others I know on this contract.”
Senior Intelligence Analyst Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Senior Intelligence Analyst
When working as a Senior Intelligence Analyst, the most common skills you will need to perform your job and for career success are Security Clearance, Software Tools, Top Secret Clearance, Written Communication and Degree IN Finance.
- Military Officer
- All Source Intelligence Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Business Systems Analyst
The most common qualifications to become a Senior Intelligence Analyst is a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.