What does a Consulting Manager do?
Consulting managers lead a team of consultants, account managers, and other staff members to oversee the support and services provided to clients. They establish strategies and protocols, develop strategic plans, and serve as the primary director. They set expectations and ensure all consultants are meeting standards to ensure client satisfaction. They analyze organizational operations and develop strategies to improve efficiency, increase revenue, or meet other high-priority objectives. They may also be responsible for recruitment, hiring, and training staff members.
Consulting managers typically have at least a bachelor’s degree in a business field, although an advanced degree such as an MBA is an advantage. They have strong leaderships skills and are comfortable interacting with stakeholders at all levels of the organization. These managers must be adept at evaluating the big picture and developing action steps to achieve objectives.
- Ensure enterprise solution spans across the customers business processes.
- Mentor junior members and groom them for more responsibility.
- Effectively manage loss costs and claim expenses on major claims.
- Manage and lead through management team and/or senior level individual contributors.
- Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
- Help clients transform and optimize their CRM, sales, service, marketing, and analytics strategies.
- Assist with recruitment of a team of exceptional consultants.
- Effectively manage and coach others, collaborate with internal and external parties.
- Analyze company data to identify trends, issues, and opportunities for improvement.
- Manage responses to RFPs and support business development efforts.
- Advise senior leadership and board of directors on cybersecurity risk and advocate for manage risk.
- Overlay sales personnel providing specialist product expertise to the sales force.
- Identification of risks, creation of actionable plans to protect the business, and scheduling periodic security audits.
- Lead delivery teams that help clients build and manage customer relationships and maximize sales.
- Lead teams in the sales process for establishing market visibility and deal visibility.
- Work with and influence cross-functional teams (Operations areas, IT, PMO) to drive successful day-to-day operations and solution deployments.
- Manage both direct reports and project teams, serve as a leader and mentor to all.
- Review investigations after breaches or incidents, including impact analysis and recommendations for avoiding similar vulnerabilities.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and techniques to solve complex customer issues.
- Develop strategic alternatives for addressing those issues and opportunities.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in business, cybersecurity, computer engineering, or computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with AV, Cloud, HANA, APIs, JAVA, and C software and systems.
- Can participate in Agile ceremonies including daily scrums.
- A leader and problem solver with a demonstrated sound work ethic.
- Strives for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with others for proper decision making.
- Experience in a consulting position.
- Fluency in enterprise resource planning.
- Pay strict attention to detail when decision making.
Consulting Manager Salaries near Singapore
Average Base Pay
Consulting Manager Career Path
Learn how to become a Consulting Manager, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Consulting Manager Insights
“Knowledge gained here is huge and the progress made in HR on career path development in 2022”
“Poor compensation (I know many have mentioned that they pay well but this is totally based on your team)”
“Collaborative attitude with lots of people who genuinely want to help you advance your career along the way.”
“Entreprenurial firm with opportunities to grow your own career within the safety net of Deloitte.”
“Some people at Deloitte were the best people I have ever met and I made several lifelong friends from my experience.”
“Rapid and constant career development and learning”
“Insurance and such is okay but not anything to brag about.”
“Pay is really the biggest downside to this job/org and probably why I would leave (pay + bonus).”
Consulting Manager Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Consulting Manager
- Business Consultant
- Implementation Consultant
- Management Consultant