What does a Kindergarten Teacher do?
A Kindergarten Teacher will create a supporting learning environment that fosters basic social skills and beginning reading and mathematics understanding. You will use varied pedagogical strategies in the delivery of your lesson plans which are rooted in the state approved curriculum.
The ideal candidate for a Kindergarten Teacher will be an empathetic and caring individual who hold a bachelor's degree in elementary education, with the appropriate state teaching credential and can pass a drug screen and background check. You may have no experience or up to 5 years of experience in a similar role to be considered as a Kindergarten Teacher in this district.
- Follow state approved curriculum
- Design lesson plans to maximize learning potential of students
- Set a positive learning environment
- Provide age appropriate activities to develop students fine motor skills
- Complete report cards and hold parent teacher conferences
- Encourage productive play
- Partner with parents to help students achieve development objectives
- Model reading picture books and assist with phonetic development
- Appropriate teaching credential as designated by the state
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check
- 0-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Empathetic and caring individual who enjoys teaching young children
- Extended periods of time sitting on the floor
- Great customer service skills to communicate effectively with parents
- Must attend professional development sessions
- Ability to prepare age appropriate lesson plans
- Possess the ability to be a good role model.
Kindergarten Teacher Salaries
Average Base Pay
Kindergarten Teacher Career Path
Learn how to become a Kindergarten Teacher, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Kindergarten Teacher Insights
“I have taught at 4 different schools in Korea and this one was by far the best experience.”
“Pay was Great Job was fun”
“salary is cheap i am not comfortable”
“Everyone is really kind and understanding.”
“Nice people to work with”
“good team to work with”
“great people to work with”
“Good professional development”
Kindergarten Teacher Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Kindergarten Teacher
- Substitute Teacher
- Elementary School Teacher
- Special Education Teacher