What does a Quality Control Chemist do?
Quality control chemists are chemists who are specially trained in procedures to evaluate and maintain quality control standards in a laboratory. They perform routine daily testing and inspections of lab equipment and materials. They ensure compliance with all applicable federal standards and regulations, along with adherence to internal quality guidelines and protocol. They also provide a range of support services and assist lab technicians and other staff. They investigate and research any abnormalities or non-compliant results. They are responsible for maintaining thorough and organized records and documentation.
Quality control chemists have at least a bachelor’s degree in chemistry or a related scientific field, although an advanced degree is an asset. They must have hands-on experience performing testing and other quality control procedures in a lab environment. These chemists must be highly organized and pay meticulous attention to detail.
- Meet all timelines and deliverables in the support of the plan of record.
- Participate in continuous improvement culture within the raw materials group.
- Participate and use 5S, standard work, and visual management tools and processes.
- Participate in scheduling, visual management, metrics, and continuous improvement activities.
- Write and review technical documents such as raw material specifications, standard operating procedures, test methods investigations and change controls.
- Represent QC in cross functional and site product meetings.
- Support atypical or out-of-specifications test results, participate in investigations for resolution and correction.
- Review data and documents for compliance and accuracy.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in biology, chemistry, life science or physical science.
- Experience with R Language, HPLC, HACCP, and enterprise resource planning.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Can run calibrations with an eye for deviations and strive for continuous improvement.
- Fluent in writing protocols and spreadsheets.
- Is a strong time manager and critical thinker.
- Comfortable leading and presenting findings.
Quality Control Chemist Salaries near Singapore
Average Base Pay
Quality Control Chemist Career Path
Learn how to become a Quality Control Chemist, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Quality Control Chemist Insights
“It provides a good opportunity to learn and develop your career goal.”
“Great work and life balance.”
“the pay was not great”
“Good team to work with”
“Great opportunity for personal career development”
“Good people present at the job”
“Good place to start your career”
“There are great career opportunities”
Quality Control Chemist Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Quality Control Chemist
- Applications Scientist
- Research Scientist
- Food Scientist