What does a Senior Manager of Industrial Engineering do?
As an Industrial Engineer you will find efficient ways to use workers, machines and materials to maximize business profits. You will develop management control systems to make financial planning more efficient. You will meet with clients about product specifications and negotiate with vendors and review the status of projects.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in engineering with a minimum of 3 years of experience and a PE designation. You will have experience working on multidisciplinary teams and be skilled in negotiation tactics as well as creative problem solving. You need to have excellent written and oral communication skills and be adept at critical thinking with complex issues. You will also be willing to travel up to 25%.
- Review engineering specifications
- Develop management controls systems
- Institute quality control procedures to resolve quality control procedures
- Design control systems to design control systems and coordinate activities and production planning
- Responsible for vendor management to negotiate
- Discuss product specifications with clients
- Determine how to deliver services with maximum efficiency
- Lead research to determine the most profitable places to locate manufacturing or processing plants
- Master's degree in engineering, preferred
- 3+ years of experience in management
- PE designation, preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Experience working on multidisciplinary teams
- Skilled at negotiation tactics
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Adept critical thinking skills for complex issues
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time
Senior Manager Of Industrial Engineering Salaries
There are no current reports for Senior Manager Of Industrial Engineering salaries. You can add additional job titles in your job preferences to see related salary information.
Senior Manager of Industrial Engineering Career Path
Learn how to become a Senior Manager of Industrial Engineering, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Senior Manager of Industrial Engineering Insights
“There are so many opportunities and also to find mentors and sponsors to develop your career.”
“If you do good work there can be great opportunity to go government/ DoD Employee”
“Pressure and career growth is not as expected”
“It is not a nice environment to work and pay is not good”
“Nothing as such.. Overall a great place to start your career in an MNC.. Great exposure in desired field.”
“Money was good Job was easy”
“Nothing since it is better and good”
“really good workforce and balance to work life and personal given priority”
Senior Manager of Industrial Engineering Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Senior Manager of Industrial Engineering
When working as a Senior Manager of Industrial Engineering, the most common skills you will need to perform your job and for career success are SAP Security, Agile Scrum, HANA, Development Methodology and JAVA Programming.
- Mechanical Designer
- Design Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer