What does a Technical Sourcer do?
Technical sourcers are responsible for sourcing and hiring candidates for highly technical and specialized positions and work as part of a human resources team and create candidate funnels for challenging jobs to fill. They coordinate with hiring managers to determine position requirements and descriptions and draft and send recruitment emails and inquiries. They interact with potential candidates on professional networks and social media and contact industry partners for appropriate candidate referrals.
Technical sourcerers identify and screen potential candidates and organize and conduct interviews but in person and online. They create talent pipelines for current and future hires and actively manage the company's candidate database. They measure and record conversion rates and set up candidate interviews with hiring managers. Technical sourcerers need a bachelor's degree in human resources management or related fields and previous experience as a technical sourcer or recruitment agent.
- Develop and execute a sourcing strategy to build a strong talent pipeline of candidates.
- Research and utilize the latest sourcing techniques to identify candidates.
- Consistently maintain a high-volume, quality and diverse candidate pipeline that results in hires every quarter.
- Screen candidates and attract top talent to interview for open roles.
- Recommend and drive improvements that impact local pipeline areas.
- Guide stakeholders through unique situations, sensitivities, and competing priorities using thoughtful business-backed and empathetic solutions.
- Work closely with recruiters and hiring managers to deeply understand requirements of the role, the function and how it fits into the organization
- Bachelor's Degree in business or engineering or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated superior talent sourcing abilities.
- A confident, natural leader and problem solver with demonstrated critical thinking and collaboration skills.
- Requires meticulous attention to detail.
- Displays strong work ethic.
Technical Sourcer Salaries
Average Base Pay
Technical Sourcer Career Path
Learn how to become a Technical Sourcer, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Technical Sourcer Insights
“This company is extremely toxic and I would advise anyone who is starting their career to go anywhere else.”
“One of its core values is to grow by conducting a worldwide search hiring the best talents and creating a new marketplace platform.”
“Training was not helpful but high expectations”
“leadership is not the best”
“Nice people to work with”
“Compensation is competitive in industry”
“Pay/ compensation was good for me”
“Great team to work with”
Technical Sourcer Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Technical Sourcer
- Recruitment Consultant
- Technical Recruiter
- Corporate Recruiter