What does a Wedding Planner do?
Wedding planners assist clients as they prepare for an upcoming wedding. They are called in to either assist with the entire wedding or with wedding-specific activities. They serve as the point person and go-between for the parties getting married and third-party participants, including bakers, florists, or caterers, and closely monitor wedding day activities to ensure everything is running smoothly.
Wedding planners discuss the logistics with their clients and work to negotiate vendor contracts and ensure the wedding day activities run smoothly. They conduct preliminary consultations with clients to discuss available wedding packages, the type of wedding a client desires, and the size and wiggle room of their budget. They arrange meetings for their clients to tour suitable wedding venues and meet with vendors. They negotiate contracts with selected vendors and make payments as required. Some wedding planners ensure stationery items including wedding rehearsal, dinner invitations, wedding programs, and place cards are printed on time and the day of, they look after the client’s wedding gifts and personal property to ensure they are packed away and secured and an assigned vehicle or storage room. Some wedding planners have a bachelor’s degree in hospitality or related fields, and have trained or worked as event planners before specializing in weddings.
- Support your team to drive results, deliver best-in-class service and educate customers on our loyalty programs.
- Consistently treat all customers and employees with respect and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Participate in merchandising the store and maintain presentation standards.
- Continually increase product knowledge to become an expert.
- Provide exceptional customer service including clienteling via email, phone, and social media correspondence.
- Build sales to include a full customer experience and meeting key performance indicator goals.
- Help to maintain a clean, visually appealing, and positive workplace.
- Process shipments and receive them into inventory and stock room.
- Associate's Degree in business or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated professionalism and product knowledge.
- Confidence while leading and negotiating.
- Is a critical and strategic thinker with strict attention to detail.
- Can deploy a positive attitude at all times.
- Fluent in inventories and pipelines.
- A multitasker and problem solver with a positive attitude and good sense of humor.
Wedding Planner Salaries near Singapore
Average Base Pay
Wedding Planner Career Path
Learn how to become a Wedding Planner, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Wedding Planner Insights
“5 job during the week Have some of the best coworkers I’ve ever had and they make the whole day day so enjoyable!”
“The pay was meager at best.”
“Great Insurance options after three months of employment.”
“It was great working for Wed2b, enjoyed styling brides and had great work events!”
“No holidays on zero hour”
“pay could be better”
“It was a home away from home type feel.”
“Training was great, even though it was completely new to me they made it fun and I felt relaxed doing it.”
Wedding Planner Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Wedding Planner
- Makeup Artist
- Salon Manager
- Hair Stylist
- Fashion Stylist