Compare Eli Lilly and Company vs Covance BETASee how working at Eli Lilly and Company vs. Covance compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Eli Lilly and Company vs. Covance. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Eli Lilly and Company scored higher in 5 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Culture & Values and Positive Business Outlook.
- Covance scored higher in 3 areas: Career Opportunities, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
- Both tied in 1 area: Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Eli Lilly and Company.
- "Good benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Covance.
- "Indianapolis" was the most mentioned Con at Eli Lilly and Company.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Covance.
I have been working at Covance full-time for more than 3 years
Ability to work from home, no micromanagement as long as you accomplish your work, employee stock purchase options, great benefits, large stable business with profits, good job security, able to... travel as much or as little as you want, usually great teammates, many opportunities to try different things if you choose
High employee turnover which causes loss of information on clinical studies. If you're a good employee, you will somehow end up cleaning up someone's mess, difficult to find information with so many... SharePoint sites and bookmarked pages change frequently, employees are overwhelmed because they are over-allocated, Long wait for promotion (almost 4 yrs) but that is corporate America (same story everywhere, "you're next in line but so and so has to get promoted first", puny merit increases (3% for "exceeds expectations"), way too much email
Advice to Management
Need to find ways to mimimize employee turnover, try to keep core study team consistent, hold employees accountable (2 studies I have helped clean up were missing many documents in TMF!), don't over... allocate