Compare Facebook vs Uber BETASee how working at Facebook vs. Uber compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Facebook vs. Uber. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Facebook scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Uber scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- "Free food" was the most mentioned Pro at Facebook.
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Uber.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Facebook.
- "Riders" was the most mentioned Con at Uber.
I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years
Good benefits Work Culture is good in most of the aspects Free food Travel to different facebook offices Talented and Ambitious peers, push you to grow
While the overall experience at Facbooks is reasonably good, depending on the team, quality of projects/work may vary from excellent to pathetic. Need to bargain hard on your CTC while joining the... company to safeguard your interests. Managers have absolutely NO say in your compensation and wont be able to help you even if you perform well. One should always interview for the Software Engineer position, which has slightly better pay, more opportunities to move around, different (better?) evaluation standards! If you end up in a team which has no clear charter, you are expected to find your own work while the managers would not support you with this Work life balance is average at best. You are expected to work a lot and it is more so if you want to grow to higher levels.In my opinion, people who have a strong career growth, don't have much time left and burnout often.