Compare IMF vs The World Bank BETASee how working at IMF vs. The World Bank compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at IMF vs. The World Bank. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- IMF scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- The World Bank scored higher in 1 area: CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- The World Bank had 76 more reviews than IMF that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- The World Bank had 63 more reviews than IMF that mentioned "Work environment" as a Pro.
- "Economist" was the most mentioned Con at IMF.
- "No benefits" was the most mentioned Con at The World Bank.
I worked at IMF full-time
Leading research in macroeconomics and finance
institutionally very strong and many meetings
I have been working at The World Bank full-time for more than 10 years
- Purpose: working to improve the world and people's lives - Diversity: clients and colleagues - Influencing decision makers
- Bureaucracy both internally and of client governments - Politics influence the development agenda
Advice to Management
Listen to clients and to staff