Compare Kaiser Permanente vs Castlight BETASee how working at Kaiser Permanente vs. Castlight compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Kaiser Permanente vs. Castlight. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Kaiser Permanente scored higher in 5 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Castlight scored higher in 3 areas: Work-life balance, Senior Management and Culture & Values.
- Both tied in 1 area: Career Opportunities.
What Employees Say
- Kaiser Permanente had 497 more reviews than Castlight that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- Kaiser Permanente had 168 more reviews than Castlight that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I have been working at Castlight full-time
The company had a decent work from home policy prior to COVID, and as such transitioned pretty well when it came to having everyone work fully remotely. Management is respectable and understanding... for the most part (in my experience). It is much easier to work for someone you respect. Having been part of some hiring decisions, I know that they tend to focus a bit less on technical skill and more on personality, willingness to learn, and work ethic (at least what can be surmised in interviews. Most tend to learn specific frameworks/languages on demand in this industry anyways). The culture reflects this and I genuinely respect the vast majority of my coworkers.
Working fully remotely now means I don't get to spend as much time with coworkers. That can be good for some, but for me it makes it a bit harder to stay motivated. No longer being in office means... no more free snacks/Lacroix, as per the meme.