Compare McKinsey & Company vs The World Bank BETASee how working at McKinsey & Company vs. The World Bank compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at McKinsey & Company vs. The World Bank. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- McKinsey & Company scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- The World Bank scored higher in 2 areas: Work-life balance and CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- "Smart people" was the most mentioned Pro at McKinsey & Company.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at The World Bank.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at McKinsey & Company.
- "No benefits" was the most mentioned Con at The World Bank.
I have been working at The World Bank full-time for more than 10 years
- Purpose: working to improve the world and people's lives - Diversity: clients and colleagues - Influencing decision makers
- Bureaucracy both internally and of client governments - Politics influence the development agenda
Advice to Management
Listen to clients and to staff