Compare Merrill Lynch vs Morgan Stanley BETASee how working at Merrill Lynch vs. Morgan Stanley compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Merrill Lynch vs. Morgan Stanley. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Merrill Lynch scored higher in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
- Morgan Stanley scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- Morgan Stanley had 599 more reviews than Merrill Lynch that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Merrill Lynch.
- "Working hours" was the most mentioned Con at Morgan Stanley.
I have been working at Morgan Stanley full-time for more than 10 years
Generally better management structure than other investment banks. Strong equity franchise (not so much for fixed income and credit).
Pay package is just average, and below market in certain departments. Very slow in adopting modern remote working business model.
Advice to Management
Pay package (both cash and profit sharing in shares) and remote working flexibility need to improve ASAP to retain talents in today's competitive labor market.