Compare Oracle vs Amazon BETASee how working at Oracle vs. Amazon compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Oracle vs. Amazon. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Oracle scored higher in 2 areas: Work-life balance and % Recommend to a friend.
- Amazon scored higher in 6 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Overall Rating.
What Employees Say
- Amazon had 1,409 more reviews than Oracle that mentioned "Good work culture" as a Pro.
- "No hikes" was the most mentioned Con at Oracle.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Amazon.
I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than 5 years
Even though Amazon has got some negative press, its actually a great place to work in. The work you do is meaningful and has immediate impact to large communities. It's usually bar raising work and... can be meaningful to your career especially in cloud and tech.
It can be quite taxing. The pace of growth is very fast, so everyone needs to learn to sometimes take a break.