Compare Points International vs LoyaltyOne BETASee how working at Points International vs. LoyaltyOne compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Points International vs. LoyaltyOne. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Points International scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- LoyaltyOne scored higher in 1 area: CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- LoyaltyOne had 12 more reviews than Points International that mentioned "Great people" as a Pro.
- LoyaltyOne had 35 more reviews than Points International that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- "Lots of office" was the most mentioned Con at Points International.
- "Air miles" was the most mentioned Con at LoyaltyOne.
I worked at Points International for more than a year
Friendly teammates Free summer events Good pay
The quality of work declined significantly over a year and became very boring and repetitive. That's not the worst part though... The management acts purely on self interest. I tried to give my best... every day. I participated in two company hackathons and won one. I suggested ways to improve processes. I didn't do that expecting something in exchange, but it's deeply disappointing to know that the management couldn't care less. They hire or promote people based on the image of the company rather than your contributions. tl;dr - management couldn't care less about your efforts - company values face more than employees - quality of work declined over a year
Advice to Management
Management needs to be revamped with employees in mind. Happy, loyal employees lead to better returns in the long run.
I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time for more than a year
Great Support System, constant coaching
Management Disconnected from employees. Needs work on hierarchy
Advice to Management
Don't rely on team leaders, get to know your team as each individual has things going on in life during these tough times