Compare Southwest Airlines vs Sabre BETASee how working at Southwest Airlines vs. Sabre compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Southwest Airlines vs. Sabre. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Southwest Airlines scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Southwest Airlines.
- "Work from home" was the most mentioned Pro at Sabre.
- "Mandatory overtime" was the most mentioned Con at Southwest Airlines.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Sabre.
I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time
Amazing people, benefits, and culture. I feel genuinely cared for as a person, and I love what we do and stand for.
Some truly great leaders here, but definitely too many poor ones who either pursue their own agenda rather than the good of all, or who have deficient knowledge of how things really work (even in... their own disciplines) but arrogantly think they know better. That said, I believe in what we do, and the good of the company far outweigh the bad.
Advice to Management
At some point, you are going to have to come to grips that we do have some leadership issues at senior and mid levels, and you HAVE the talent within the company who know how to fix it (we over rely... on prof services in many ways...but then again, we also under rely on them when they tell us the way things ought to be particularly from a back office perspective - we have got to learn the difference between the two). Find the people whose voices are sound, but go unheard because of filtering of leadership at mid and senior levels.