Compare ThoughtWorks vs Works Applications BETASee how working at ThoughtWorks vs. Works Applications compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at ThoughtWorks vs. Works Applications. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- ThoughtWorks scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at ThoughtWorks.
- "Flexible working" was the most mentioned Pro at Works Applications.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at ThoughtWorks.
- "Singapore" was the most mentioned Con at Works Applications.
I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than a year
- The company in general and the Singapore office focusses a lot on growing people and giving them opportunities to step up and shine - Great place to work if you are self motivated and like to... control and drive your career and shape it the way you want - Normal for people to join as a developer and then switch across roles, complete flexibility. - Lot of training and capability building opportunities for all TWers and a good personal development budget for every TWer. I had the opportunity to attend a conference in Berlin using the budget. - The People (HR) team is awesome, and they focus on ensuring every TWer is looked after and provided the necessary support. - For most of the projects, as technical consultants we are given the opportunity to shape the product and decide the infrastructure - Probably the first technical team I have worked as a developer where the gender diversity ration is exactly 1:1.
- Although working hours are quite balanced, sometimes a little bit extra effort is required, especially closer to delivery dates. - Not be the highest payer in the market when it comes to... compensation, but employees are attracted by the culture and focus on people. - Might be a bit challenging for folks who are waiting to get direction or too used to working for a manager.
Advice to Management
Continue to invest in people and get more exciting technical projects.
I have been working at Works Applications full-time for more than 3 years
Very good work life balance
Management positions should have more experienced members
Advice to Management
Improve the SDLC process