Compare U.S. Department of State vs The World Bank BETASee how working at U.S. Department of State vs. The World Bank compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at U.S. Department of State vs. The World Bank. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- U.S. Department of State scored higher in 2 areas: Career Opportunities and Compensation & Benefits.
- The World Bank scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Foreign service" was the most mentioned Pro at U.S. Department of State.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at The World Bank.
- The World Bank had 10 more reviews than U.S. Department of State that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I have been working at U.S. Department of State full-time for more than 10 years
Great benefits, feeling of purpose, potential for international travel
Still political, must make the right career choices early, best when living overseas
I have been working at The World Bank full-time for more than 10 years
- Purpose: working to improve the world and people's lives - Diversity: clients and colleagues - Influencing decision makers
- Bureaucracy both internally and of client governments - Politics influence the development agenda
Advice to Management
Listen to clients and to staff