Cover image for JPMorgan Chase & Co

Add an Interview

Interview Question

Applications Developer Interview

JPMorgan Chase & Co

1. Take an integer input and output the number of 1's in it's binary representation. 2. Implement a mergesort. 3. Explain your level of understanding of data structures (trees, etc.) 4. What makes java different than other languages?

Interview Answers

9 Answers

Hey, did you hear back from them about the final decision? Also, were u coding in Java or Python? If python, why did they ask you questions on java? Could u share those questions because I have been invited too

Anonymous on

They ask you what language you feel most comfortable with and ask you questions based on that (I said Java). I haven't heard back but I have been contacted by another recruiter from their Manhattan office so maybe better luck on this second try. Good Luck!

Anonymous on

Thanks man, best wishes to you too.. Nail it this time

Anonymous on

what questions on data structures/algo did they ask? You said they made you implement data str/algo you had not yet studied

Anonymous on

Did you get any update from them for the Feb 25th Interview at Brooklyn office?

Anonymous on

They asked me if I could write out in code how to traverse a tree, heap, etc. but I was not prepared to do that on the spot. I was only able to talk through it. Also asked what sorting algorithms I knew and wanted to see if I could mergesort two arrays in code which I had not practiced recently so I struggled. And no I have not heard back from the Feb 25th Interview in Brooklyn yet. I sent the recruiter an e-mail the week after to follow up but never received a response.

Anonymous on

I had my interview in 22 Feb still haven't heard any thing from them yet. Recruiter always say the are looking for other candidates at this time.

Anonymous on

public static String toBinaryString(int i) ex: public class IntegerToBinary { public static void main(String[] args) { // TODO Auto-generated method stub int i = 5; System.out.println(Integer.toBinaryString(i)); //output : 101 } }

anonymous on

4. Garbage collection

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.