2U Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

2U Interview Questions

Interviews at 2U

2.7

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at 2U in December 2020.

Interview

Three part interview: video, phone call, and then zoom/google hangout. Everyone was really nice and understanding and interested to hear what I had to say about myself. Just make sure you give specifics when you talk about your skills/experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at 2u?   1 Answer

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 2U (Lanham, MD (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Because of COVID the process was long (4-6 weeks) and I had three interviews. It was a good experience and I was offered a position. Didn't start for 4-6 until after offer. Had to be patient but a lot of benefits working for this company so I was patient and am excited to start.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for 2u   1 Answer

Platform Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 2U in October 2020.

Interview

About a month after I submitted my resume, I had a phone screening with an internal recruiter. The screening took about 20 mins and was easy-going but seemed a bit rushed. Soon after, I received an invite to have a 30 minute phone interview with one of the senior ppm's. She was friendly and we had a nice back-and-forth conversation about my background, the work, the company, etc.

I moved on to the next round where I had video interviews with three other senior ppm's -- each for 30 minutes over Microsoft Teams. Again, everyone was super friendly and easy to talk to. It took a little over a week to hear back from the internal recruiter about next steps.

The next round was a 30 minute interview over Zoom with one of the directors of engineering. This round had to be rescheduled once, but no big deal. For the interview, I had my video on but the director did not. I kept my video on for the entire meeting because I wasn't sure what the best approach was. Towards the end of the interview, he said I would be interviewing with one more person.

A few days later, the internal recruiter sent me a rejection letter. Honestly, I wasn't expecting that... I sent a thank you email back to the recruiter and asked if there were any interview notes the hiring team could share. No feedback.

This process took about two months from the time I submitted my resume to the rejection letter.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellaville, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 2U (Ellaville, GA (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Someone for LinkedIn sent me links to schedule an interview. Pretty simple first call. Asked on a scale 1 to 5 how comfortable I was with SQL, Python, and JavaScript

Interview Questions

• Comfort level with Python at this time   1 Answer

Program Management and Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 2U in September 2020.

Interview

I initially applied to this position in late August. I was reached out to by a recruiter soon afterwards and a digital interview was sent for me to complete. Past that I had a group zoom meeting with two employees that worked in the department this position is in. It was a 45-60 minute interview. A couple weeks later I was sent a short assignment to complete that was meant to test my organizational skills as well as attention to detail.

Student Success Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 2U.

Interview

Back in  June, I applied to two positions at 2U: Principal Student Success Advisor (VANEDU) and Student Success Advisor. I applied to both positions.

I initially interviewed for the Principal Student Success Advisor (VANEDU) position. I applied over a weekend and heard back the following Monday.  I had a phone briefing interview with a 2U recruiter. Within a few days from the initial briefing, I was asked to complete an assignment. Then I had a virtual Zoom meeting with two student success managers at 2u. The interview, in my view, was relaxed and both interviewers were smart, kind, and welcoming. A week after interviewing, I followed up with the recruiter but never received a response. About a month after the interview, the recruiter did send me an email, informing me that the role was filled but that both interviewers were impressed by my knowledge and skills. The recruiter offered to chat more on the phone to provide feedback about the interview, which I thought was a great opportunity albeit a rare one. The recruiter informed me that though I did not get the job as the Principal Student Success Advisor and that 2U wanted to interview me for the Student Success Advisor (Lanham, MD) position.

I was forwarded a link to submit a pre-recorded interview which I submitted within a week (the time-frame allowed to submit the interview). Interviewing for this second position started in July (2020). I submitted the pre-recorded interview (roughly 30 minutes) on July 19, 2020. I also sent two follow up emails to the recruiter and never heard back. On August 13th I received an email that I did not get the job as a Student Success Advisor at 2u; except this time an automated email was sent to me instead of the actual recruiter with whom I was in contact for at least two months.

I just want to say that this company has wasted my time from June 12 to August 13 2020. It's unethical and outrageous. From submitting assignments for 2U, several phone calls, and two interviews, one would think that in the end the recruiter would have the respect to send me a personalized email.

I strongly recommend that applicants reconsider applying to this company. Based on the other reviews of interviews listed here, the company does not seem to value the fact that they are interviewing humans, not disposable workers on some factory line. And, any company that requires a pre-recorded interview needs to be taken as a sign of a bad company.

Interview Questions

• The interview was based on STAR interviewing approaches and strategies.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at 2U (Arlington, VA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

The interview process started with a recruiter phone screen. There were a total of four rounds of interviews. Everyone I spoke to was really friendly. Behavioral interview questions. I would recommend spending some time getting prepared for this interview process.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize tasks?   1 Answer

Content Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at 2U.

Interview

Inappropriate conduct during recruitment was enough to end my interest in this company. Instead of scheduling further interviews to inquire about my knowledge and background, I received a request to perform a more advanced version of their skills test, and not because I was suddenly in consideration for a more skilled position. I took their normal test and apparently performed so well that they assumed I cheated or faked it.

2U seems ignorant of the fact that there are competitor companies with employees performing the same work 2U is doing in a very small industry with a common set of best practices. And surprise, some of those employees might be interested in 2U!

Hospitals don't question doctors from other hospitals regarding how they got their "ideas" for patient care. That my competence was a surprise and something to question instead of value is an embarrassment to this organization and insulting to me. I can't imagine who they are actually hiring.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 2U in July 2020.

Interview

I made it through the initial phone screening and was very confident in my abilities to be successful in this position since I've had years of working with students. My second round of interview was with the hiring manager who was incredibly rude. Her tone was very condescending and it simply felt like she did not want to speak to me. I almost asked why did she even pick up my application if she was so sure I would be terrible in the role. For a company that claims it is so welcoming, I felt like crap during this interview.

2U needs to actually hire people that want to be there. I cannot imagine ever reocmmending for anyone to work here. I've read tons of reviews on here about how mean and nasty individuals are in this company but now I've experienced it first hand.

Please don't interview individuals you do not like from the get go. Your bias shows during the interview.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD (US)

Application

I interviewed at 2U (Lanham, MD (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

1) 4 question video pre-recorded interview
    2) 15 minute phone call screening
    3) 30 minute, 3 person zoom interview with Admissions Managers

Applied in early July and recieved offer by early September- slow to get reply from HR

Interview Questions

• 1) Which of our core values aligns most with you and how does it impact your life- how do you stay motivated- how would you convince someone to do our programs although they are more expensive- are you okay with making up to 100 calls a day

2) what do you know about this position- how would you convince someone to do our more expensive programs vs a cheaper one   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.