A*Star Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 144 of over 144 interviews

Employee Referral11%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

A*Star

Application

I interviewed at A*Star

Interview

Received an email for the interview within a week and the interview was scheduled for the next day. The process was comfortable overall. Panel interview followed by HR call for the whole process.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your experience
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A*Star (Hong Kong) in Sep 2021

Interview

academic presentation for 15 mins and followed by 45 mins question and answer sections. Questions focused on the details of the research based on the presentation, there are 3 interviewers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

A*Star

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at A*Star

Interview

The interview consisted in a video call with the leaders of the project and the head of the department. First I was asked to present a 15 minute presentation on my previous research experience. Afterwards, I was asked technical questions about my research and questions that aimed to show critical skills. Finally, we discussed the project I would work on in more detail. During the explanation they how they thought my skills would fit with the project and how would I try to solve some of the challenges they faced.

Interview Questions
  • How would you solve the challenges faced in the project?

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A*Star (Singapore) in Jun 2021

Interview

Carried out a zoom interview where a questions were asked by different people, the role was described more in detail and they got back within a week. questions were about skills, technical details, life long plans and commitment to the role.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at A*Star (Singapore) in Jun 2021

Interview

Total 2 rounds of interviews, overall manageable. First round with a panel of respective heads and DD. Final round with HOD and direct reporting officer. Interview was pleasant asking related questions pertaining to JD.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

A*Star

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A*Star

Interview

Few interviewers and they ask detail technical questions.They are looking for someone with technical background especially detail in some research field topics.They also look for someone who know microcontroller programming language and experience in process control of every semiconductor fabrication.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have experience in designing PCB and understand about CMOS ?

A*Star

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A*Star

Interview

There were 3 interviewer via VC. Process was pretty casual, no pressure. Took about 40mins on the interview. Director was asking more technical questions and tested on a short presentation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A*Star (Singapore) in May 2021

Interview

Interviewer asked technical questions and previous experiences. The interviewer then proceeded to elaborate on the job scope for the hiring position. Interview was smooth and casual, ended in about 45 minutes time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Pasir Panjang,

Application

The process took 1 week. I interviewed at A*Star (Pasir Panjang, )

Interview

2 round, 1 with your hiring manager and his/her boss, and another with the GD/assistant CEO. Focused on motivation to leave and your relevant experience. Second round of interview was scheduled the following week and verbal made within the same week.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

A*Star

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A*Star

Interview

There were 2 rounds, 1st round with peer, direct boss and hr. 2nd round with director, director 'boss and hr. They didn't identify themselves clearly during the interview and the questions asked in the first round was very harsh.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 144 Interviews