AKQA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

AKQA Interview Questions

Interviews at AKQA

2.6

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AKQA in May 2017.

Interview

The interviewer sounded very friendly and outgoing. The call accidentally hung up once but we continue speaking right away. Although I didn't get the offer, but the whole process was smooth. It was a very pleasant and casual interview.

Associate Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AKQA (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I interviewed at the SF Office for Associate Campaign Manager. The process was incredibly thorough. They put a great deal of effort into vetting potential employees. Special shout out to Tamika Ephraim, the Media Recruiter. She was incredibly attentive, accommodating and helpful during the entire process. Everything was explained clearly and transparently about the process, the role and the timeline. She was instrumental in guiding me towards the role and I couldn't be happier to have worked with her.

Great interview process overall, not easy or hard but they definitely take their time to make sure it's a great fit on both sides.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Digital Marketing?   1 Answer

Associate Campaign Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AKQA.

Interview

Applied online and was reached out by the recruiter. Had my first call with the recruiter, she is super nice and understanding. Then had my call with the hiring manager and then went onsite to meet the whole team.

Even though, I didn't get an offer here, I would love to express how great of an experience I had. The recruiter was very attentive and professional. She let me know what was going on every step of the way and was responsive. The team was a pleasure to meet with, I had really great conversations with each and everyone of them. I can see that their team is strong and their culture is very fun and hard working. They asked really great questions, not just interview questions, but they really wanted to get to know you and wanted to learn more about your hobbies and what you enjoying doing in your free time.

Thanks for the great experience!

Associate Media Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Interview

It's unfortunate to see that this experience seems to be the norm for AKQA. After 6 interviews & a presentation (on 3 separate occasions), I was completely ghosted by the hiring manager & HR department at AKQA. After MY 4th follow-up, I received a very brief email with one line informing me that they passed. I have never felt so disrespected by a company and am still in shock that they operate in this manner, especially in such a niche field. If you have time to kill & want to practice your interview skills, then go for it. Otherwise, I'd move on to the next one. The Bay Area is FULL of better job opportunities.

Associate Media Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AKQA (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Had several interviews with Recruiters, Managing Director and even the client GAD. Interviews all went well in my opinion until the only thing I was told was I was not a fit for the client at this time by HR. The response could have not been more vague for interviews that took over 4 hours of my time. When asked if they could provide any detail, I was ignored and never given a follow up email. I've never felt so insulted by a company where so much of my time was given into interviewing. Terrible experience.

Associate Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AKQA.

Interview

Had a phone call with HR where she asked me a few questions about my experience and my interest in moving to work for AKQA. It was pleasant and stayed pretty surface level about the job. She did ask my about salary, relocation, etc.

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AKQA (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Interview started with an initial phone screen, recruiter was very professional, personable. Based on my communication with this individual I felt it may have been some indication the hiring manager and team were similar in the experience. The office is currently is also in growth mode to build their footprint and competitive with other digital competitors.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very easy. Nothing that through me off guard. Questions like: what is your experience working with clients,? Have you participated in new business development or pitch?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AKQA.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter. Part of phone screen included technical questions and was recorded.
    In person interview with 4-5 people within a couple of weeks of the phone interview. 3 managers, 1 product manager. Questions were primarily technical, with some questions about agile methodology.
    Not enough drinks were provided. I should have brought change for the vending machine and purchased a soda after the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• The phone screen was in large part a Java trivia contest.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AKQA (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through a referral and had scheduled a phone screen with a contract recruiter. She never called; I followed up and we rescheduled it the next day, again she didn't call. A 3rd time in a row, she again never called. It was until the 4th time that we finally made contact and it was a 2 minute phone call with her stating that it was a senior position without asking my background, who I was, or a basic cultural evaluation.

I asked kindly to be given a coding challenge and she sent it 2 days later. I completed it and had another phone call to be told it was a senior position.

Interview Questions

• She did not interview me.

The coding challenge was to write a function that reads lines of strings and gives commands to a robot. It was also to write tests for it. Very simple for anybody with a semester of CS classes from a community college.   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AKQA (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

The process was based on networking solely. I had made a connection with a recruiter who was hiring for the position in New York, they were the one who helped me get my foot in the door for the interview. The position was really easy to discuss in the initial phone interview and was more about scheduling for a sit down, that could be based on credentials.

The in-person didn't last more than 20 minutes and consisted of hypotheticals regarding what type of strategy work, or accounts I would work on and how I would solve so and so problems. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you thought you could do better and why? What happened, and how would you change things.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.