Apple Apple Retail Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Apple Apple Retail Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

2.9

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Um...there’s so much to say about apple, honestly. The only company I know that’ll take you through a series of interviews, keep you anxious, & have you anticipating their responses for days (or in some cases weeks), just to reject you or say nothing at all when it’s all said and done. Excitement turned sour, quick. Whoever came up with their interview process was the least bit considerate of the applicants time. Im pretty sure I can speak for the vast majority of people that apply & dont get hired when I say I’d prefer a fast no, rather than a slow, highly anticipated one (or in my case, no response at all). I’m sure Apple is a great company to work for (hence, why I applied) but Apple sucks for their interviewing process. Don’t be quick to get your hopes high just because you make it another round, it can be a no at any time they decide it’s a no. I was 3 interviews in & stopped hearing from them all together.

Interview Questions

• Just scroll down through the responses on glassdoor. They are accurate in the questions posted. All customer scenario based.   Answer Question
  • Why Apple?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I got a call from a hiring representative that they wanted to interview me. I was interviewed and I got a call back a week later. I ended up doing a group interview that was great!

Interview Questions

• What is a interest of mine?
      Name a time I had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

3 rounds. First a group interview with someone at Apple HQ, then a one-on-one with a store manager, and another one-on-one with the head of the same store. It was quite an intense interview process for a retail job. The last 2 interviews happened on the same day, with a 4 hour gap in between.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult feedback you've ever received in a job?   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in October 2019.

Interview

I got an email for a group interview on a Saturday. Luckily, I was the only one who showed up. I was told that I'd revieve an email on Tuesday but I never did--so I thiught I didnt get the job. I got a call from the manager two weeks later offering me the positio

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you did something nice for someone without expecting anything in return   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Phone call. In store group interview. Call back from in store manager. Scheduled on side interview with area manager. Still waiting to goto on site interview. Will report back with more information. Really hoping I get the job.

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied for them August 30 and a few days later received a link to confirm a time for a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview went well and that was the false impression I was given. Was told that my resume would be passed to the hiring manager and that I seemed like the perfect fit because they were hiring for evenings and that’s what my availability looked like. Unfortunately didn’t get any job offer even though I was told by someone that I was the “perfect” fit.

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I applied to two positions with Apple a month before they reached out to me. I received an email that requested a phone interview and gave me a link to set up times and dates. After you choose a time and date, a confirmation email is sent with some tips to help you for an interview. Please keep in mind the phone times are in mid eastern time so you aren’t caught off guard. I got called 30 mins earlier than I thought I would.

The interviewer was nice and started the conversation elaborating on what they are looking for and if you are still interested after telling you. After that she just asked a couple of questions to get to know you and your personality.

“Tell me about yourself?” “Why Apple?” “Tell me a time when you had to initiate an idea that had never been done before and how did you go about it.”

Once the phone interview was over I was invited to a Hiring event and had to schedule the day and time on the phone with her. Once that is confirmed, a second email confirmation is sent for the hiring event with more tips to be successful.

At the hiring event my group was particularly small (only 3 people including me) and we were asked basically the same questions. The People Manager started off our interview letting us know they are trying to streamline the hiring process but also let us know it’s not usually fast. She asked us Why Apple? Tell me about yourself ? What’s your favorite apple product?

After we answered those questions, the store manager came to sit with us to ask the same questions. They were all pretty nice and we got to talk and ask questions. I’m still waiting on the confirmation if I am due for another interview or not.

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valparaiso, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Valparaiso, IN (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

I went and applied online and received an e-mail for a phone interview about a week later. We talked for about 15 minutes. The interviewer was very easy to talk with. Said I would hear something by email in the next 24-48 hours by email about next step in the process

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time I had to turn a negative customer experience into a positive one   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when leadership had to help out with a difficult experience and how did I respond to them.   1 Answer
    • Why did I apply at Apple   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

First it was a phone interview. The phone interviewer suggested that I attend at least one of the free teaching lessons in the store, so I actually did three lessons and at three different Apple stores in the city. Then it was an in person group interview at a corporate office.
     Everyone seemed very nervous and unfriendly, including the person conducting the interview. I felt like the group interview was just a technicality and they brought us in just to check a box to say that they interview X number of people. A few days later I received an email saying they selected somebody with a better candidate. All said and done, I am surprised that I was not considered for this position. Typically I would be more persistent and continue applying for more jobs with these stores but the interview process has a lot of tell tale signs that they only hire a certain type of person so I decided to discontinue pursuing a career with Apple Store.

Interview Questions

• They were just standard questions like at any other retail store environment.   1 Answer

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

They did a phone interview which was very brief and a little scary. It seemed as if someone from Apple Support was calling and trying to fix my iPhone, haha.

Interview Questions

• How will you best delegate your time on the floor during a rush?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.