Apple Global Supply Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Apple Global Supply Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

3.3

Global Supply Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

The recruiter was timely, polite, and professional. They gave me a background of the position, the expectations of the role, and why they sought me out (recruiter found me on LinkedIn). They asked me a few questions and gave me an opportunity to ask mine at the end.

The recruiter ended with giving me some information on how the interviews will proceed assuming I move on in the process.

Interview Questions

• 1. Where are you with your job search and when are you available?
    2. Tell me about yourself.
    3. Why tech and why Apple?
    4. Tell me about a time you had to negotiate and how you did it.
    5. Are you comfortable utilizing mathematical models for cost analysis?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Initial discussion with a recruiter to discuss your background, followed by a 30 minute interview with a functional director, and then an on-site interview process meeting with 5-10 managers. Questions are conversation, behavioral, and analytical. You'll need to describe past experiences as well as complete some should-costing exercises.

Interview Questions

• "Describe the sourcing process from start-to-finish"   1 Answer
    • "What are the key elements of a contract?"   1 Answer
    • "How would you calculate the percentage of costs as overhead when purchasing a new technology?"   Answer Question

Global Supply Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in June 2018.

Interview

1. Phone Screen with Recruiter - 30 min
    2. Phone Screen with a Potential Hiring Manager - 30 min

Very unprofessional. I had an awful experience talking to the hiring manager.
    First interview - > Hiring manager did not call-in. No communication regarding the missed call.
    Rescheduled interview - > Hiring manager called in late 10 min for the rescheduled interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Questions on the noun names I work with (Had no clue why he was asking those details since I come from a hardcore automotive company and had no idea whether he would be familiar with those noun names)
      2.Questions on whether or not I negotiate capital equipment

I come form a fortune 100 automotive company and the hiring manager's attitude was so poor. Not sure whether people working with Apple all have an attitude as I have had bad experience with apple int he past. Overall, it was a negative experience. I work with one of their competitors currently.   Answer Question

Global Supply Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Total timeline : 5 weeks from first point of contact to receiving offer. Recruiter reached out on LinkedIn. I was a passive candidate. Shared resume with recruiter and set up initial call to discuss resume, job role and interest. It was a very casual 30 min conversation. At the end of the interview she confirmed that she will share the resume with the different teams. Next week i received an email asking for a date and time for a call with the hiring manager. Again 30 min interview with hiring manager. Interview questions were typical supply chain related and situational questions. After one week received email for one site interview at Cupertino. On site interview was one on one 30 min interviews with 8 separate team members. Had a few breaks in between and lunch was with a peer which was non evaluative. All interviews have a different purpose and ask different types of questions ranging from resume to supply chain core to industry trends to football. Its a long and exhausting day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

HR contacted me via LinkedIn. On-site interview after 2 phone interviews. Was cut short due to the last guy cancelled at the last minute. I did not appreciate how one of the directors attempted to make me beg for the job.

Interview Questions

• Am I actively looking for a job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

1. Phone Screen with Recruiter - 30 min
    2. Phone Screen with a Potential Hiring Manager (or HM's peer) - 30 min
    3. Onsite - 5 back to back 30 minute interviews. These were a little different from other places because 30 minutes seemed really short, especially when some of the interviewers were running 5-7min late from other meetings/interviews. And a lot of them would start diving into questions I had for them after just 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• 1. How well do you know Should Cost Modeling?
      2. Background related questions - How well do you know your supplier's supply chain?   Answer Question

Global Supply Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple in April 2017.

Interview

Hiring Process was professional, HR screen followed by 2 phone screens. Phone screens were mainly focused on experience, and a few math problems based on process yield. Both managers were cordial and helpful and understanding, the HR was also very responsive and supportive.

Interview Questions

• If a widget is made of 2 screws and 3 nuts, each assembled in Steps 1 and 2 respectively, if the process yield for the entire operation is a third, how many screws and nuts would I need to make 1 widget?   4 Answers

Global Supply Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

the interview process took more than 2 month. After the first phone interview, i didn't hear anything back till one month later, second interview arranged. after the second phone interview, took another few weeks hear back from them. the process is long and no one ever update the information, recruiter don't reply email.

Interview Questions

• why apple?
      tell me something about yourself.   2 Answers

Global Supply Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through recruiter who was in touch with me since few years. She forwarded my resume to another recruiter who was working on GSM position. She scheduled 1 hour call to know about my skills and experience.
    She then forwarded my resume to multiple hiring manager and more than one hiring manager was interested in to move forward.
    This process took only about a week.

Call with Hiring manager :
    Recruiter scheduled 30 minutes FaceTime call for the interview.

1. Asked to introduce and go through resume.
    2. Explained what they're doing at Apple and responsibilities of the open position that he's hiring for.
    3. Technical questions to evaluate my engineering skills and experience.

I wasn't prepared enough for the interview and received some unexpected questions from the interviewer. My advise for people seeking job with Apple is that spend some serious time learning about apple products, hardware, and gather knowledge about manufacturing processes if you're applying for GSM. They expect you to know every minor details about apple products.

Overall it was good experience and will help me in facing future interviews.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why apple?
      2. What's your most favorite feature of your iPhone and why?
      3. What improvements would you make in the existing design (external appearance) if given an opportunity?
      4. Explain situation when you used your negotiation skills (STAR question) and achieved desired outcome.
      5. What's material used in iPad buttons (volume control and power) and why ? Describe manufacturing process for the buttons ?
      6. How will you ensure material availability during product development phase ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA (US)).

Interview

Apple recruiter reached out to me on linkedin and asked if I am interested in seeking opportunities at Apple Headquarters in Cupertino CA. She scheduled a 30 min HR phone interview asking questions regarding the resume and experience. A week later I heard back from her asking if we can schedule a 30 min hiring manager phone interview. The hiring manager asked tough questions regarding apple supply chain challenges.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Apple   5 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.