Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Apple Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

7,759 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Around 2 months after I submitted my resume for Apple software engineer position, I got a call from the hiring manager. He asked me what was the good day for the interview. It took half day for meeting 5 people. It was long hour interview for me. Each interviewer spent ~ 30 minutes and asked ~ 4 questions. Each interviewer asked questions in the different areas.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Hey guys! Here's my review of Apple's interview process. I hope this helps any potential Apple employees in their quest to join Apple! So I applied back in September actually. I didn't hear back at all. I then re-applied at the beginning of this month again and I heard back within a week about attending the hiring event.

Hiring Event: I read so many articles and nearly all of them said that the hiring event would have 70+ people. Mine only had 15 so I guess I lucked out a little. We were told to sign in and wait. Make sure you start smiling and greeting every Apple employee you see as soon as you enter the hotel?banquet hall, etc. They will start grading you the moment you enter. Start up a conversation with a couple people. This shows you're a people person and not a wallflower. We were lead in shortly after and we had introductions. All of the Apple employees introduced themselves and then we introduced ourselves. We were asked to say something about ourselves that is unique. After introductions, we were broken up into groups of 5. We passed around an iPad that had questions on it and took turns answering the questions. Make sure you seem engaged and try to tell a story with your answer. Don't just give a one word answer. Once that was over, we re-convened in the big group. We were shown videos about Apple and everyone gave a rundown about their role. After that, they asked if we had questions. Make sure you have some ready! Good ones too. Questions that will get them thinking and challenge them. They like that. I was offered the next interview right after the hiring event. It took roughly 45 minutes.

Second Interview: I had the second interview two days later at the store that I will be working at. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was all personal questions. They want to get to know you so make sure you have good answers for questions such as, "What's your hobby?", "What are you passionate about?", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "Why Apple?". Don't give one word responses. Again, craft a story with your words. Think of a personal experience and relate that to the question. I was offered the the interview right after.

Third Interview: I had this interview 2 days after the second one. I expected to have a one on one but I had an interview with another gentleman. Keep in mind this isn't meant to be a competition and chances are the person you are interviewing alongside didn't even apply for the same role as you so don't get nervous. Try to speak first when possible. This interview had harder questions but if you remain calm and think for a second, you should be okay. I was asked questions like, "Name a time where you had to deal with an unruly customer", "Name the most profound experience you had with a customer", "Name a time where you were overwhelmed with projects and how you dealt with it". Again, not to awful. All in all, this interview challenged me to think outside the box and craft my answers accordingly. I got a call 2 hours later inviting me to attend the fourth interview.

Fourth Interview: This is usually the last interview for most people unless you are applying for a higher role. This interview was days after my third interview. It took place with the market leader, myself, and two other gentlemen who also applied for jobs. This one was more technical in nature so heads up. They can ask you anything from the 3 Mac's Apple offers, difference between android and iOS, difference between an SSD & HDD, explain RAM, Hard Drive, & Processor, etc. If Apple is launching a new product, know that product inside and out. I was only asked one technical question however. I was also asked what my passion in life is so when asked that, let the passion soak up the room! Let your passion take over and encapsulate everyone! I was told I'd get a response within 24-48 hours and I got one 4 days later with an offer. Don't worry if you don't get a call within the 24-48 hour time frame. Apple prides themselves on reaching out to their applicants. You will get a call.

In conclusion: Apple looks more at how you talk than what you know. Their whole mantra is, "we can teach you about technology but we can't teach you to be confident, talk to people, not be an mean, etc." So keep that in mind. It's okay if you don't know the answer to a question but don't just say "I don't know". Apple loves stories so let your inner J.K. Rowling out! All in all, be confident, smile a lot, don't be nervous, and stay calm! That will take you very far in the job process! Good luck everyone!

I posted the interview as "difficult". My reason was not that the questions were difficult, but rather that you have 4+ interviews so it becomes difficult to keep the energy going, not to repeat yourself too much, come across personable, etc. Hope that helps!

Interview Questions

• What is your passion in life? Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Explain RAM, Hard Drive, and Processor. Why Apple? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Name a time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   29 Answers

Instructional Designer Interview

Interview

Overall really great experience. Everyone communicated clearly, and gave a great sense of community during the process. There is some time between each step as they work through internal processes, so patience is key.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Very unprofessional interview. Phone interview ask 10 + in only 30 minutes. Interviewer shows no respect, no trust during whole process. When I am thinking about the answer, interviewer even ask :are you searching the answer on computer ? Or sth like what’s wrong in your mind? which is very humiliating. Interviewer didn’t show any feedback to the your answer but keep asking more until drives you speechless. Interviewer always likes to ask skill or knowledge not in resume and will be happy if I did not get the answer right. Always hear about his mocking when stuck in question. Totally experience is very awful. Interviewer shows an very bad image of Apple as a company.

College Advisor Interview

Interview

First a phone interview on basic behavioral questions. Then you attend an info session before doing a video interview with two managers. It was chill, not much to worry; however it is a big commitment for a whole year and I could not do that for various reasons.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Starts with a call from recruiter. I had experienced the same pattern with Apple. Once the recruiter talks about the role a little bit, they try to set call with hiring manager. Spoke to hiring manager and thats it. Ghosted calls. Reached out to HR and the HR will either reply saying they will get back once they here from Hiring manager. After a second follow-up, there is just no response.
    We are spending sometime for the calls and putting some effort. Apple can be a little respective of that and repond. The HRs need training or some coutersy to respond.

Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Application
    I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Really good interview process overall. A recruiter reached with a phone call to get a general experience, then scheduled an in-store group interview with a manager. The final interview was one-on-one with a store manager.

Interview Questions

• What were your experiences dealing with difficult customers?   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Phone interview with a senior member of the team in CoderPad. He was very friendly and supportive. He asked me about my background and we moved into the coding interview that lasted 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Print out the data of a binary tree structure. From left to right if the level is odd and right to left if the level is even.   Answer Question
    • Compute the median of a list. Compute it in an optimal way if I keep increasing the size of the list.   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Not recommended to accept or apply if you are self-identified as minority (Black, American Native or Latino) #EEOC. Your resume will not pass from the second technical interview, it seems that for the HR your resume doesn't worth anything. It took around one month and a half (a waste of time). It was for an iOS team. At the beginning everything was fine, some of the interviewers where nice. I solved all the technical white board test and answered all the questions they asked, even when the last white interviewer got very interested to ask questions of very old projects that I have done many years ago, and I barely remembered the details of their code base.

Interview Questions

• He was asking me deep technical details about how the app that I developed for other company worked. And some technical leetcode style easy questions.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.