Arista Networks Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 525 interviews

Applied online25%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Arista Networks

Application

I interviewed at Arista Networks

Interview

A very technical interview. Required to do White boarding of concepts in addition to presentations. The personal interviews are also technical. Read up on Arista technologies and differences in how they design networks.

Interview Questions
  • How would you design a basic Datacenter leaf-spine network?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Singapore) in Aug 2021

Interview

Direct application , interview fixed within the week with HR and hiring manager. Interview focused on technical questions even though it’s a presales role. The interview took nearly 2 hours . The company should look at its branding and go to market strategy rather than hiring scholars or researchers on wifi technology. Technical proficiency will not bring you business and client recognition!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Arista Networks (Boston, MA) in Jul 2020

Interview

Had 2 interviews. One the hiring manager. Second another SE. nothing really very technical. Then I was told I hadn’t impressed the team. They apparently follow with a hands on gns3 real problem to solve live.

Interview Questions
  • Didn’t have any hard questions few seem to be oriented to BGP

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in Mar 2020

Interview

I spoke with 10 different people, including recruiter and hiring manager up to SVP. One interview was a technical evaluation with three people and was very tough. All conversations were on phone or zoom session.

Interview Questions
  • How does EVPN work and what are the message types? What should be configured on an EVPN spine switch regarding BGP? What are the BGP loop prevention mechanisms? What are the different spanning-tree protocols? What process do you go through to design a network?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Arista Networks (Dallas, TX) in Feb 2016

Interview

Four phone interviews with other Systems Engineers and SE Manager. I was also asked a handful of basic but important IP Ethernet networking questions (LACP, spanning tree, BGP, VXLAN, OSPF, etc).

Interview Questions
  • Mostly open ended questions regarding knowledge and experience in the industry.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Singapore) in Mar 2013

Interview

Phone interview calling from SG. Technical director first. Technical vp. Sales vp. But i failed in first interview. The director is not friendly and proud of their company as a pre ipo company.

Interview Questions
  • Please give me some layer 2 protocol.
  • How do you design OSPF network ?
  • You have 24 port giga wirespeed switches. Please use those switches to make a 48 giga wirespeed switch.
  • Why do you want join Arista network.
8 people found this interview helpful