Atlassian Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 903 of over 903 interviews

Recruiter16%
Employee Referral13%
HardAverageEasy

Atlassian

Application

I interviewed at Atlassian

Interview

Recruiter was friendly and thoroughly explained interview process. Interview itself wasn’t scary, but the interviewer kept asking me questions while I was trying to solve the question. It’s been three months since I interviewed and I haven’t heard a single word back. This obviously means a rejection but the fact the company doesn’t notify its candidates and ghosts them says A LOT about their company ethics and culture.

32 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Atlassian (Mountain View, CA)

Interview

Kudos to the recruiter. She was a friend from starting to end of the process. She patiently answered all my questions, and also helped through a prep call. And I appreciate she took time to provide me a healthy feedback. I will definitely apply again through her after my cool-off period or in future. Process was long. It seems that there are many candidates applying, so the wait for an interview is excruciating. But hey, its Atlassian! Screening round: coding question - easy-medium. Prep call. Virtual Onsite 1 Code design - medium level 1 Data structures - medium level 1 System design 2 Behavioral Everyone was very polite and respectful. Loved recruiter's commitment and support through out the process.

Interview Questions
  • Coding and system design questions were the same as mentioned in other posts. I saw them when posting this review :'(.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Atlassian (Sydney) in Apr 2022

Interview

1. Coding Test (took about 2 weeks from resume submission to test link) - it was a HackerRank test with 5 questions. From memory, but the first three were quite easy and the last two were about graphs and much harder. 2. Phone interview (took about 3 weeks from finishing the test to receiving an invitation for an interview) - a 30 minute phone call with the recruiter to see if I was a good fit for the company. It was a good opportunity to learn more about Atlassian. It's very easy to pass if you read up on the values and stick to them during the interview. The recruiter tells you if you pass during this interview and then schedules the coding interview. 3. Coding interview (this was about a week after the phone interview) - the interviewer was very nice and helpful in guiding me in the right direction. The question was initially about a list of files where each file had a collection name and size associated with it. I was required to calculate the total size of all the files and the total size of each collection. The question was then scaled up where I had to find the top n largest collection sizes and then scaled again to each file having multiple collection names. 4. Values interview (this was about 2 weeks after the coding interview) - the interviewer was also very nice and the interview was very straightforward. The interviewer talked about each interview and asked situational questions about each value and extending the question occasionally. Using the STAR method helped a lot in answering most of the questions, 5. Systems design interview (done in the same day as the values interview) - the interviewer was very polite and helpful in guiding me in the right direction. The question was about designing a system where a user could tag their Atlassian products (e.g. a Jira issue or a Confluence page) and also update/remove the tag. The user must also be able to view the most popular tags of all time and it was scaled up to viewing the most popular tags in the last 24 hours. The interviewer prefers people who are upfront about what they don't know so it was really important to be honest about it. We went through the API used and the important endpoints then moved on to data storage and some basic flow charts of how the client can update/remove/add tags and how the server responds. The final offer was made 2 days after my last interview. Overall, the recruiter and everyone who I was interviewed by were very nice and friendly and had great attitudes.

Interview Questions
  • Values: tell me about a project you did in the past. Were there any challenges you and the team faced? If you could go back, what is one thing you would change? Tell me about a time you couldn't meet the stakeholder's deadlines or expectations. What was their reaction? How did you respond? (scaled up depending on my response) Did you ever have a time where you and a group member/coworker disagreed on a solution to a problem? How did you go about solving the disagreement? Just stick to the Atlassian values and use the STAR method to respond to each question.
9 people found this interview helpful

Atlassian

Application

I interviewed at Atlassian

Interview

I applied for a recent job interview at Atlassian in Summer December 2020 Good experience and my technical recruiter was very polite and welcoming. System design interview part was hard

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Atlassian

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Atlassian

Interview

A never-ending interview process with breadcrumbing and stringing me along until I decided to quit. After I aced 6 interviews and got top-notch feedback, it turned out the position was never meant for external applicants anyway. From that point on, Atlassian started passing me around to different teams, like a beach ball. I continued to receive extremely positive feedback, but was also told that I am not a fit. One rejection particularly stood out because I was told that the team didn’t need a generalist PM but rather an “artist PM”. If you don’t know what that means, you are not alone. I eventually pulled the plug when I realized that the recruiter can’t tell me how many more interviews I would have to do before the decision is made, even approximately. This is the same recruiter who at the beginning of the process made a point of telling me that I would have a very short amount of time to decide on an offer because Atlassian wants candidates to be interested and committed. I guess the same standard didn’t apply to Atlassian. A lot of people like this company and Atlassian employees tout its culture and values. Perhaps my experience was a fluke. But what happened to me was disrespectful of my time, effort and personal pride. I think Atlassian should consider whether they are living up to their values in how they treat their candidates.

Interview Questions
  • Estimation (market sizing), favorite product, product design, roadmapping, prioritization, values and drive
4 people found this interview helpful

Atlassian

Application

I interviewed at Atlassian

Interview

Starts with a Online Coding Assessment, which has 5 questions which you get 90 minutes to do. Followed by a phone screening interview. Then a technical coding interview. Finally ends with a system designs interview and values interview.

Interview Questions
  • What would you define as a very successful team, based on your past experiences.

Atlassian

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlassian

Interview

I applied online via LinkedIn and then I received an email from the recruiter for an interview time. The interview was with two Atlassian employees. The interviewers were very dry.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Atlassian

Application

I interviewed at Atlassian

Interview

It only took 3 mins since the HR only asked me if I'm Australian citizen and my answer is no. Not sure if I remember correctly but when I applied for this position, I did not see any requirements on citizenship and it only asked if I need visa sponsorship. So, overall, the experience is the worst I've ever had.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Atlassian

Application

I interviewed at Atlassian

Interview

The recruiting team is extremely professional, friendly and supportive. The entire recruiting and interview process is organized and well structured. Overall it is a good experience and they provide enough information to prepare for the interviews with plenty of information about the culture and what to expect. It seems like a great place to work.

Interview Questions
  • There were a lot of questions about your fit into the culture of the company.

Atlassian

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlassian in May 2022

Interview

Interview consisted of 5 interviews done in a single day - Hiring Manager - Behavioral Interview - System Architect Interview - Code Design Interview - Data Structures Interview Each interview was approximately 1 hour each. Code design and data structures were definitely an hour, but the other could be less.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 903 Interviews