Avanade UX Designer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 756 interviews

Applied online33%
2.0
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Avanade (Singapore) in Jun 2021

Interview

Did 2 rounds of interview, 1st was a phone screening. Just to make sure I'm suitable for the role and test certain concepts. Next round was with the hiring manager, run through a my portfolio.

Interview Questions
  • Do you know the differences between qualitative and quanititative research study. What are user personas to you?
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Avanade

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade

Interview

Worked with HR contact for a brief phone interview. Following this, time was set up with another designer or a 1:1 interview. The second interview was in person and meant to share portfolio.

Interview Questions
  • What emerging technologies are you interested in and following?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Singapore) in Jul 2018

Interview

The interview process by an internal Avanade recruiter from Dalian, China was very unprofessional. The phone interview was in Singapore. I was expecting more professionalism from a company (Accenture + Microsoft). The phone conversation was cut off thrice. The recruiter had limited understanding in English, but did not want to admit it. There were times when I paused to asked if she understood or had any questions, she said no. The interview often meant repeating answers to questions, because she did not get it, or it did not fit into the template/textbook answers she was given as a guide. She did not have a proper understanding of UX design. She also misinterpret my career & education trajectory based on her own bias. She started the conversation as saying I did not have any educational experience when my CV has clearly outlined it, so I walked her through. She kept saying I'm an intern when I worked as a senior role for an established company for 6 years and she could still say she was doubtful of my work experience. I'm not sure how Avanade hires or screens their candidates, but if you're letting an unprofessional recruiter who is not well-trained and has problems trying to understand a language, or do not have proper understanding of UX design (not textbook answers) to do the first round of phone screening and make the decision, it is no wonder you're having a hard time trying to find a good fit for the role. The interview experience would have been better with a UX designer as they would have asked better questions on the UX process and treat candidates with respect. My advice to recruiters would be even if you don't understand UX, at least treat people with respect.

Interview Questions
  • Many questions that tested on definition: What is qualitative and quantitative research? What is personas? Give me the UX design process.
1 person found this interview helpful