Bank of America Assistant Vice President Interview Questions

Updated 12 Jan 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 29 of over 6.7K interviews

Applied online25%
Recruiter17%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Francisco, CA) in Jul 2020

Interview

During COVID so it was all remote - 4 phone interviews with the team members including the Senior VP (regional lead) -Focused on past experience (I had a finance background but no banking experience) and cultural fit. -Each interview was scheduled for 30 minutes but typically went over just based on questions I had at the end or just normal conversation. -Interviews happened over the course of a week, didn't get an offer until 2 weeks later due to COVID making new hires less common

Interview Questions
  • -Tell me about background and past deal experience (specific deals, clients, etc.) -Why banking, why BofA -What can you bring to the team -What drives/motivates you (money, passion, Fortune 500 company business card, etc.) -Where do you ultimately want to end up in your Career
    Answer Question

Bank of America

Application

I interviewed at Bank of America

Interview

Very easy inteview with standard questions including previous experience, number of people reporting to me and how to handle difficult employees. There were also several behavioral questions and situations presented in which they wanted to know how I would respond or address a situation or employee.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Singapore) in Sep 2019

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people, VP, AVP and another team member (looks like a student join BOA through the programme). Not good experiences. The funniest thing is that they MAINLY want PYTHON developer with FINANCE background although the job post mentioned welcoming for any other languages, financial knowledge is not mandatory and web development skillset. After that, the AVP guy said that we do not have any .NET component, so we move to DSA topics. He gives you a question and requests you to do it on the spot at the same time telling him what you are thinking and what you will do. Without offering any help, extra time for you to think personally and keep rushing you. So basically it was reflected the culture of this team or AVP person after some of the interview questions, they don want to teach, collaborate and communicate a newcomer. They just want a GUY to come, pick the SHXT and do it alone. The hiring manager still blaming why I come for an interview?

Interview Questions
  • What mocking framework you were using?
  • What is the working process in your current company?
  • Anagram
  • Now we do have a legacy system need to revamp, no documentation, the ex developer is not around, nobody can ask. You need to understand by yourself, do the requirement gathering with different people and translate to the requirements and come out with the new idea to simplify the flow, Can you do it?

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Hyderābād)

Interview

It was at an MBA School. First a HR interview happened followed by a 1:1 with a senior leader. The 1:1 with the senior leader happened in the premise of the Business School campus. Then a phone interview happened with a Executive from Hongkong.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral Questions - how would you handle a situation where there is a big client issue and you need to let the onshore Executives know about it Tell me about yourself You are not from Finance background - your experience is all on communications - how can you be a fit here?

Bank of America

Application

I interviewed at Bank of America

Interview

Seemed like an HR interview with 2 rounds . No Technical questions , Every round I was expecting at least one tech question that never happened . There were 2 rounds in total

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in Nov 2016

Interview

Simple, interviewed for 2 different sessions. Hour-long interviews with 2 different managers. Questions regarding general problem-solving ability and relationship-building. This job is very intensive on communication with clients. Also required technical knowledge to write tools internally for the production support teams.

Interview Questions
  • Are you able to solve problems efficiently and without direction?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY)

Interview

6 Rounds, with mix of Business, domain, tech skill, process, project and people management related questions. Also have interviews with different team and directors First round was Telephone interview. 2nd Panel of 2 persons. Next 1:1 HR Round was once on phone and later in person. Over long but good exp.

Interview Questions
  • previous domain exp related questions like, I have worked for Security Lending- Explain M2M, Contract comparison etc
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in Sep 2016

Interview

chat with a few people and did a paper exam to test basic finance and economic and technical questions. not very difficult. some interviewers know very little about things and maybe that why they are hiring

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Dallas, TX) in Nov 2015

Interview

It was organized, process driven and done by phone. The process seemed impersonal but quick in their decision process. There is an initial screen and then a couple on phone interviews with more senior employees. The approval process was quick (a couple of days).

Interview Questions
  • They are looking for problem solving and team work attributes.
1 person found this interview helpful