Barclays Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 9 of over 3,282.0 interviews

Employee Referral11%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knutsford, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Knutsford, England, England) in Jul 2018

Interview

20 minute presentation followed by two 1 hour+ interviews with different interviewers. It was competency based which covered the Barclays values and technical questions. The technical questions were easy. The values bit went well too. As with some banks though they define the BA role very narrowly and one of the interviewers was very eager to tell me that the core BA role is about requirements. As a certified and experienced BA I thought it was a bit odd and displayed a remarkable level of ignorance and hubris Some employers forget that it's a 2 way process - the candidate is judging you too for the right fit. After chasing a number of times I gave up trying to get feedback. No response or feedback still after 5 weeks. It was a waste of 2 days prep plus travel there and back and 3 hours of my time. Very unprofessional from Barclays.

Interview Questions
  • Identify a time when you recommended a course of action that involved risk - this is the only question I remember from a very bland list - the usual boring blah blah stuff, ad nauseum
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Knutsford, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Knutsford, England, England) in Jul 2017

Interview

Informal internal interview. No focus on current skill set to match to role being recruited for. Nothing more to add, it was quite a poor experience, it felt like a tick in the box exercise.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England, England) in Jun 2015

Interview

First round interview and second round interviews up through the recruitment agency. The process is standard. Greet and meet on date arranged by recruiter. one hour first round interview, same amount of length for the second one. It's aligned to European bank standards across the market

Interview Questions
  • questions like what are the greeks? what projects you have worked on? what was the last book you read? What is your next move after this role? i.e. where do you see yourself in 5 years etc
1 person found this interview helpful

Barclays

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Barclays in Feb 2015

Interview

I applied via the Barclays website (Taleo) in mid January 2015 for a specific position that was an exact match for my skillset and experience. In early February, a recruiter contacted me to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager which ultimately occured in mid February. The manager called me at the appointed time and we discussed my backgound, reasons for seeking a new position, and how I would react to hypothetical situations she proposed. The interview went well and I received feedback I would be a great fit for the spot; HOWEVER, the hiring requisition was not really firmed up to the extent she could proceed with the process but would reach out to me when and if the req was firmed up. As late March, I have not heard anything further but I would discuss the position further should it rematerialize at a later date.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you remain at _____ for only 1 year?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in Dec 2013

Interview

1) Technical phone screen 2) In person interview mainly regarding SQL and Fixed income products Swaps, Bonds and CD's

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in MISSING VALUE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in Mar 2010

Interview

Was contacted intially over the phone. 2 rounds of phone interview which included 2 case studies and a situational interview. final round of in person interview, panel interview consisted of technology case and strategy case and various other questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Barclays (Singapore) in Feb 2010

Interview

First it was a telephonic conversation with my (to-be) line manager. He asked the usual questions as to why I was moving out from my prev employer, what keeps me motivated at work, what is SDLC? how would you encounter difficult situations? How important is Service Management? How important is a tool (like Service Now or BMC Remedy) important to carry out Service Management etc..

Interview Questions
  • Can you join in within the next 15 days??
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barclays (Noida) in Nov 2009

Interview

Hiring process was really good. I had 3 rounds of interview. And i was explained well about my roles and responsibilities and compenasation in advance.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in City of London, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Barclays (City of London, England, England) in Feb 2008

Interview

Very easy going conversations about previous work experience. But looks like they wanted to get to a consensus before recruiting. Long Long waiting between interviews and the process too a full 3 mths with 9 interviews.

Interview Questions
  • An analytical question about the treatment of a particular data sourcing situation.
RSS Feed</>Embed