Bloomberg L.P. Data Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 166 of over 6,512.0 interviews

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

Positive56%
Negative17%
Neutral27%
Applied online78%
Campus Recruiting8%
Employee Referral7%
HardAverageEasy

Bloomberg L.P.

Application

I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview

Questions about interest in the company and what they do. I was invited to an interview event where I talked with various Bloomberg employees I was asked about what products in finance I was interested in (like FX, fixed income).

Interview Questions
  • Who are Bloomberg's main competitors?
    Answer Question

Bloomberg L.P.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview

After submitting an application, the next round was a live coding challenge with an interviewer creating the question and acting as a sounding board if you get stuck. My specific interviewer began by asking me which language I'd like to continue with. When I said JavaScript, she showed immediate concern that I didn't choose Python. She then proceeded to ask me questions geared specifically towards python (classes, libraries, etc). We spent the first 10 minutes of the interview working through the disconnect.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bloomberg L.P.

Application

I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview

Three stages, phone interview, super day, and zoom conference. Phone interview is behavioral, super day has tests regarding statistics and coding. Final zoom conference allows them to get a sense of where you want to work within bloomberg.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bloomberg L.P.

Application

I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview

First I had to do 2 online tests. Then a phone interview with HR. After that there was a 4 hour virtual assessment centre day. This consisted of a 2 sets of interviews as well as a 10 minute test to check your quick thinking, planning, and logistics capability. After that day I had 2 technical interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a colleague?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Seattle, WA) in Jun 2021

Interview

It went well. Super streamline and simple, as long as you know your stuff. The interview basically asks you about your competency with software and statistics and experience with data analysis

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Bloomberg L.P.

Application

I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview

easy process; starts with a video recorded interview, info session that introduces you to the department, assesment day that has an interview with the team leaders, process re engineering task and data test

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Bloomberg L.P.

Application

I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview

Group Interview(assessment center): studying about a case and present as group, two groups and 8 people in all, then final discussion ; Interview: behavioural questions. About 5 questions with details asking.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England, England) in May 2021

Interview

They send me a link to 7 online interview questions which are highly related to the job. You have 1 attempt, 90 seconds to answer each question. Besides, they asked about my visa status.

Interview Questions
  • Please explain a time you improved a process using a technology solution? Please detail the outcome and the specific technology you need.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

1. First video-recording interview where you answer general questions about your interest in the position and Data Analysis. 2. Assessmetn day - 4-hour interview with 2-hour presentation of Bloomberg and then some reingeering task, technical multiple-choice test and final 45-mins interview.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about Bloomberg? What skills does an Data Analyst should have? Tell me about time you were dealing with a problematic client? What news have you recently read?

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

Interview

cv application online, simple follow up test/game. invited to a video interview about a month later - 7 questions, untimed prep, 1:30 to record an answer. follow up questions via email then they respond within 10 working days invited to a virtual AC - data analysis test (basic sql/python/descriptive and visual stats), process reengineering task, interview with a team leader phoned that afternoon invited to a second team leader interview a while later, and then over the next few weeks with a manager and the regional department head the questions don't vary greatly from the first team leader interview to the final one interesting and enjoyable process, but it took a very long time

Interview Questions
  • what financial asset class might you be interested in working with?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 166 Interviews