Booking.com Interview Questions

Updated Nov 28, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2,080 of over 2,080.0 interviews

Employee Referral7%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Booking.com

Application

I interviewed at Booking.com

Interview

it was quite decent because it was just standard procedure for getting a job like this with lots of specific questions and testing ability to code and make it efficient

Interview Questions
  • How to make good code
    Answer Question

Booking.com

Application

I interviewed at Booking.com

Interview

1. Hr interview 2. Interview with the hiring manager 3. Round of: Interview 1, data focus Interview 2. Commercial focus Interview 3. Cultural fit 4. Interview with Leadership. 5. Interview with a second member of the Leadership team.

Interview Questions
  • Stakeholder management Decision-making process Project management experience

Booking.com

Application

I interviewed at Booking.com

Interview

Very professional interview process 4 rounds in total first round is phone call with HR one round with case study another round with the direct manager and tech lead fourth round with the VP it's medium difficulty

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Booking.com

Application

I interviewed at Booking.com

Interview

After sending your CV and cover letter, HR call you briefly explain you the interview process, then they send you an online test then phone interview then virtual video interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (Amsterdam) in Nov 2021

Interview

1) HR interview (30 min) 2) Hiring Manager (30 min) 3) Technical interview with 2 Sr. DS: prepared ML-business case (1 hour) 4) Technical interview with 2 Sr. DS: live ML-business case (1 hour)

Interview Questions
  • the 1st ML-case was about creation of recommenation blocks on home page - what data to use to train model, why it is important, bla-bla. It was given 3 days before interview. the 2nd case was given during the interview, it was about building ML model to predict in how many days from today (if any) the hotel will be fully booked for given range of search dates. What I did not like about interview process: 1) People's accent when they speak English. It was my 1st experience of interview in such intl. company, and I was a bit shocked about their accent. I really could understood 10% of what one indian guy tried to tell me. The same problem was with another french woman (firstly, I thought she was asking me smth in french) 2) I feel I have failed the 2nd interview with online ML-case because it is hard to figure out the solution without thinking at least couple of minutes. It was not a standard ML setup, you need to figure out how the data should look like, the target etc. However, those guys did not give me that time, instead they started asking me some irrelevant questions about how gradient boosting works, why it is better than RF etc. just wasting my time. 3) I do not know why, but all of them asked me the same question about my last project I worked on current job. So I told this story 3 times. 4) Finally, they did not provide me with any feedback after 1+week from the last interview. For me, it is the worst signal about company. I spent several days making presentation, meeting those random people, and they could not send me final E-mail.
1 person found this interview helpful

Booking.com

Application

I interviewed at Booking.com

Interview

30 minute phone screening with HR to check general background, a 90 minute language test to check for translation skills, 2 on-site interviews (each with 2 people). The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Booking.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com in Nov 2021

Interview

Alright so I had applied for two positions and both the recruiters reached out. After internal discussion, they said they will pitch me to a better fit role and if I don't get through, they will pitch me for another. My first interview for Sr PM was scheduled. It went decently well but I got ghosted entirely. They did not even reject me, pitched me for another role that we had agreed upon, etc. let alone continuing the interview process or me getting selected. However, I had fun experience interacting with this company. Super awesome people, very friendly and made me feel at home. 10/10 will try again even if they ghosted me first time because I got good vibes from the people here.

Interview Questions
  • How would you go about doing IRL RCA and Product Design?
  • General product sense and behavioural questions to understand different aspects of my previous experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam

Application

Interview

First an HR spoke to me post which there was a written test and then a craft test where the discussion was around the written task. Let me speak about the couple of positives. The HR was friendly and before each round she provided me with a feedback about the previous round and some understanding about what to expect from the next round. I cleared the first 2 round which included the first round of HR discussion and the written test. I didn't clear the written test discussion round. But it's here the drama begins. I was told after the written test that though my assignment was well written and well explained with the rationale and user experience needs in mind it was not business focussed enough. I took that in a right spirit and explained that since i have cleared the written test I would explain my business objectives during the ftof round. After my written round, I was provided with feedback that clearly mentioned that "THE COPY I HAD WRITTEN WAS NOT BUSINESS FOCUSSED ENOUGH." For example of the email task required me to add usps for suppliers that would motivate them to sell attraction sites on Booking's platform. One of my USP's was 0% commission. However, the team didn't understand my business objective while going through the assignment. Hence, during the craft interview, I discussed this in detail and provided the interviewers with how the business can take a different way, like offering suppliers options to buy listing slots, adverts etc that would give them more hold over their decisions instead of giving away a part of their profits as commission. These are legit business ways to bring in money and still stick to the user focussed 0% commission. But a hypothetical situation was thrown at me where I was told that what if the commission has to be 12%, and it is here I provided solutions like changing the placement of the USPs and keeping the most critical USP at the top. This is how user-focussed copy should be! In the 2nd question I was asked regarding a hypothetical scenario where PMs would want a "preferred" option to be added next to it a TABcopy to move the north-star metric. Funnily, this scenario was mentioned by me in my solution, along with my ideas around it. It made me feel that the team didn't bother to go through my assignment as deeply as it was needed. The solutioning here too, was entirely user-focussed, keeping a hypothetical business need in mind. However, during the last call with the HR where she told me that I didn't clear the craft round which is OK but I was looking at a concrete feedback. However it was absolutely shocking to hear when I was told "MY THOUGHTS WERE TOO BUSINESS FOCUSSED," which is inconsistent with the previous round's negative feedback. Lastly, the team had a problem with me asking too many questions. Well, the primary task of a UX Writer/Content Designer is to ASK TOO MANY QUESTIONS TO BE ABLE TO WRITE COPY and STICK TO THEIR THOUGHTS. SO IF THE TEAM GOT LOST IN MY QUESTIONS, THEN IT JUST SHOWS THAT THE INTERVIEWERS ARE INCOMPETENT TO QUESTION HIGHLY EXPERIENCED CANDIDATES. DO WHATEVER BUT IF YOU HAVE A MIND OF YOUR OWN AND YOU KNOW HOW TO STAND YOUR GROUND DO NOT EVEN APPLY TO THIS MADNESS.

Interview Questions
  • Motivations, and then a whole lot of questions about the written test which I later figured they couldn't fathom.

Booking.com

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Booking.com

Interview

First interview is a quick chat to see if the candidate is a fit Second test is fully remote with a coding test The last interview is in person at the headquarters and it has also practical questions about ux choices on the platform itself or in real life situations

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Booking.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booking.com

Interview

Si sono mostrati molto professionali ed accoglienti. Il problema è sorto dopo: mai avuto riscontro e le stesse persone di riferimento si sono rese non disponibili. Nel complesso li ho valutati poco seri.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,080 Interviews