ByteDance Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 659 of over 659 interviews

Recruiter16%
Employee Referral12%
HardAverageEasy

ByteDance

Application

I interviewed at ByteDance

Interview

the first round of technical interviews, the second round of technical interviews, one round of system design interview, one round of hiring manager interview. Behavior question, background, resume. few coding problems to solve. bug-free not required

Interview Questions
  • is the paper top ranking?
    Answer Question

ByteDance

Application

I interviewed at ByteDance

Interview

I have applied through referal. After one day I got an interview invitation. We conducted the interview through video conference. There were two people interwing me. The video last 30mins.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ByteDance

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ByteDance

Interview

The interview process was a bit odd, to the point where it was so bad, I thought it was by design to test me? As others have mentioned on here, I initially received an email saying I had been shortlisted for an interview. I spoke to one of the Global Talent Acquisition partners who was based in NY. He was nice, friendly and explained the role/recruitment process pretty clearly. He got my salary information (THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR LATER), expected salary, the normal info and told me I should hear back within a week. In a few days I heard back from a coordinator who said I had been shortlisted to interview with the country dept lead and HRBP for that country. This interview also went well as the people I met were nice, knowledgeable and clear about the role. They had good situational questions and at the end of it, I thought it went well. I then heard back from a coordinator via email telling me I had passed that interview and was now due to interview with the Regional Lead for the function. BUT not before I heard back from a coordinator in NY who said two days before it was due to happen, that my interview had been cancelled since they already found someone for the role. Although this was definitely odd and not something I had experienced before, I still kept things professional, thanked them for their time, and told them I appreciated even being considered for the role. A few hours after my email, I heard back from the same coordinator who told me that she spoke to the team and they had room for one more headcount. So... the interview was back on! From there I had two more interviews, with people that were both very knowledgeable in field, kind, courteous, and both interviews were pleasant. Here is where the odd part comes in... after the final interview, I had a zoom call with the first person I spoke to in the process, the recruiter. During this call he gave me the good news that I was hired for the role, and they were moving me to the offer stage of the process. At which point he asked me to provide my payslips and he mentioned he would get back to me within a few days. Well, a few days turned into a week, and after reaching out he had scheduled a zoom call for us to catch-up. About an hour before the zoom call, I found it odd that I didn't get a link for the call or any information on how to join like the interviews/calls prior. I had to email him, and he quickly sent me a link and said I didn't need to have my camera on for the call. In what was a very brief and awkward call, he told me that they decided to retract the offer, their hiring needs changed, and they would be looking for someone a bit more junior. Translation: your current/expected salary is too high, we can't offer you as a result. I found this really really weird considering I was very upfront about what I was making and what my expected salary would be (which by the way didn't even amount to a 5% increment from my previous salary). I could tell that the call was just as awkward and upsetting for him as it was for me, but to this day, I'm still left with so many question marks about this interview process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ByteDance

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ByteDance

Interview

First round interviewer focused on my problem solving skills; this involved providing me a case and understanding how I understood the problem to solve in the case and what approaches I took to address the issues. Second round was supposed to be a question on product insights but it didn't happen as they did not manage to find an English interviewer for me and provided no follow up.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ByteDance

Application

I interviewed at ByteDance

Interview

There will be 2 rounds of interviews. The first round is a tech interview. There was a senior Data Scientist conducting the interview. They asked a lot of questions related to traditional statistics.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ByteDance

Application

I interviewed at ByteDance

Interview

Ask some general questions related to math, data and probability, including Z test, T test, permutaion, hypothesis testing. And many open ended question such as how is your TIK TOK experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ByteDance

Application

I interviewed at ByteDance

Interview

Very professional interview with interesting questions. I recommend that to everyone. Interesting company for internship and not only. Valuable time and consideration. I have been able to get a chance

ByteDance

Application

I interviewed at ByteDance

Interview

There were a few rounds with the HR team and your supervisor about your old job experience and any language skills. Also asked if you are okay with routine work. Each round was very short.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your current work and what you do. Share your work experience. What is your expected salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at ByteDance (Singapore)

Interview

Used the referral code and did not get back to me after 3 months. Did not even receive rejection letter and the portal was stuck at resume screening. Takes very long to reply messages, about a week or longer.

ByteDance

Application

I interviewed at ByteDance

Interview

Interview was good and it takes 4 session. From July until September the process is working. End with no offering Interesting kind of interview with every person that I meet there via online.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 659 Interviews