C3.ai Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

C3.ai Interview Questions

Interviews at C3.ai

3.2

Forward Deployed Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C3.ai.

Interview

- Apply on website.
    - Initial phone screen : introductory and non-technical.
    - Video interview : some general questions then solve an algorithm problem on the call.
    - HackerRank test (time limited)
    - In person interview : meet with two people.

Interview Questions

• If I was new to machine learning, how would you describe that to me?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C3.ai in December 2020.

Interview

1) Hackerrank 3 problems, given 2 hours, 1 easy, 1 medium, and 1 hard.

2) 45 minute video interview, given medium/hard question

3) 3, 45 minute interviews with 15 minute breaks in between.

First: Easy problem but try to eventually find most optimal solution.

Second: Questions on previous work, experience, and etc. Also had to solve a hard problem but not much time is left (30 minutes or so).

Third: design and implement an object oriented problem with certain specifications.

One of the interviewers had poor internet connection causing communication to be very horrendous. Though I don't think this is reflective of most interviews.

I haven't heard back in 2 weeks so I assumed I got ghosted / waiting for rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Hackerrank questions:
      1) Sort by frequency then value (LC medium/easy?)
      2) Leetcode 1220 (LC hard)
      3) Photo album (LC easy)

Interview 1:
      1) Calculate price of items given it's materials needed, the quantity needed, and price of the material.

Interview 2:
      First interviewer: Can you make it through all the gas stations around once? How can you improve it?

Second Interviewer:
      Questions:
      Talk about previous work and comments on it.
      Where you want to be, why work here, and etc.
      Solve: Given a 2-player game, determine if 1st player has a forced win

Third Interviewer: Design a library that allows users to checkout a book up to 3 times and other small constraints.   1 Answer

Interview

First there is a coding challenge with medium questions. Next, there is an interview. The interview included talking about past experiences and a hard coding question that I could not solve.

Interview Questions

• Solve a LeetCode hard coding question   1 Answer

Platform Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C3.ai in December 2020.

Interview

First round OA, asking medium programming questions, second round video call for behaviroal questions, third round technique questions and other questions. I don't know the later round because I failed third round.

Forward Deployed Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at C3.ai in December 2020.

Interview

Overall, a nice process. For technical portion there were a couple easy technical rounds, a system design and behavioral. Then 3 behavior interviews with upper management. As a minorityAn amusing game I play on interviews, how many white people on the panel, 7/7. Not sure if diversity is a thing there.

Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at C3.ai (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2020.

Interview

Screening with HR, Phone convo with hiring manager, 4 30m interviews with DMs, product managers, solution architects, then the hiring manager again, plus 2 VP interviews. there is also a writing component to submit

Interview Questions

• describe the delivery steps and components of a simliar customer engagement   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C3.ai in December 2020.

Interview

Completed the phone screen and then initial sample project. However, didn't move past this stage.
    The sample project was well designed. The hiring manager was responsive and friendly. The process felt well designed and fair.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at C3.ai.

Interview

I am working in a multi-billion organization and was looking for a change. I got impressed with their AI background and applied for an interview. I am in the bay area for some time now, but this is the worst experience I have ever had. The interviewer asked me a question to solve and from there the interviewer is in his own world. During the interview process, I keep on explaining my solution and towards the end, the interviewer mentioned this is not the question. So throughout the process, the interviewer is in some other world and not even looked or listened to what I coded or explaining. I clearly can't understand then why even there is an interview then.

If you guys are already working in a reputed organization, just avoid and don't waste your time interviewing here.

C3.ai , improve the interview process. This is not the way how you should treat the people who are interviewing. Respect the time of the people who are interviewing or at least ask your engineers to co-ordinate in the interview activity. Sorry to say, very bad experience.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at C3.ai.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, hackerrank challenge, technical challenge interview with current solution engineer, behavioral interview with different solutions engineer, behavioral interview with manager mixed with some tech related questions, final interview with senior exec.

Interview Questions

• Dynamic programming challenge similar to knapsack problem   Answer Question
    • Javascript question - find the problem with a code snippet and fix it, then improve the code with a different type of data structure   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Negative experience. Very long, drawn out, and will leave you in the dark. Leadership did not seem interested in doing these interviews either.
    The interviews are mostly medium level leetcode questions, very doable. I made it to the final rounds which were simply behavioral interviews with senior leadership (I believe did well) but then was rejected with a very generic email. I asked for feedback and no response. For as long as a process as that, I would have hoped they treated their candidates better. I went through 5 rounds, really a waste of time.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.