Cover image for Capital One

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Capital One Interview Questions

Updated 1 Feb 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6,382 of over 6.4K interviews

Recruiter12%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Capital One

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

First round talk with recruiter, second an online coding assessment. Poor process for a senior manager who hasn't coded consistently in several years. They present 4 difficult algorithm problems and expect you to implement them in an hour. Many new CS graduates wouldn't be able to complete them in the time allotted. Unless you are a very strong coder and have recent hands on experience, I would not recommend applying.

Interview Questions
  • Typical medium level algorithmic leetcode type problems.
    Answer Question
8 people found this interview helpful

Capital One

Application

I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

Very long and extensive. A lot to go through for the job and exhausting. Feel that it could be done in fewer steps. The all day interview is a little too much and very repetitive.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Capital One

Application

I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

They give no feedback after the interview - they can't even confirm which part you didn't pass. Very annoying after investing hours and hours, to not get any feedback at all.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in Feb 2023

Interview

You start the interview off with a phone screen, then an offer to interview. The interview is 3 parts. Case Study, ML Technical skills, then behavioral. All parts were fast and the interviewers were knowledgeable and made the experience enjoyable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Capital One

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

There is a fifteen minute phone screen followed by a coding test. The coding test was of average difficulty from a third party testing suite. I ended the testing without passing because I ran out of time.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Capital One

Application

I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

OA followed by 2 case + 1 product interview for power day. fairly straightforward and easy, not much prep needed. watch their videos and take the mock practice and you should be fine

Interview Questions
  • case were normal, product asks you to redesign everyday object

Capital One

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

Interview process has three main steps - Phone screen with recruiter, online tests, one day of 4-5 interviews, one hour each. All the information about interview format, what to expect, and how to prepare for it is provided ahead of time.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral and example of technologies and design related, plus Case interview.

Capital One

Application

I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

The first round is a math assessment. The math assessment was pretty straightforward. Then, I had a mini case. Finally, I had two full cases. The cases are similar to management consulting cases.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Capital One

Application

I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

1 Power day, was about 4 hours long. Mix of case interviews, technical and behavioral. I was given a 1 hour break in between the interviews. The interviewers were nice, and accommodating.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time you faced a problem, and how you overcame it?

Capital One

Application

I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

Online assessment, then first round mini case, and super day which includes two case studies. Got response from the company in a pretty short time and all the decisions are delivered by phone call

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 6,382 Interviews

Capital One Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Capital One as 34.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.00 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Accounts Assistant and Business Analyst Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Internship and Sr. Business Analyst roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Capital One takes an average of 7 days when considering 6 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Sr. Business Analyst had the quickest hiring process (on average 7 days), whereas Sr. Business Analyst roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 7 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Capital One according to 6 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 33.33%