Dollar General Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Interviews at Dollar General

1,196 Interview Reviews

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very easy to apply. Got an interview a few days after. The hiring process takes a while due to the background check. Took almost 3 weeks for me to start.

Manager Interview

Interview

The interviewer asked very general questions. Questions were of Medium difficulty so as long as you do your research this should not be that difficult to go through. The whole interview Took less than than 30 minutes from start to finish.

Night Manager Interview

Interview

Asked a few questions and described position, duties, and pay. We went over the times i was not working and the reasons why. We also talked about the life i lead and how it would benefit the company.

Interview Questions

• What has prepared you for the job you're applying for?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

Quick and easy, received offer the next day, process was painless but this will depend on location. However in my case the manager was leaving and needed to fill a position quickly so that could be why I got the job so easily. I was a college student at time so it was temporary work over the summer I was hired for.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General in August 2020.

Interview

Filled out an application online, and took the short test. Received a phone call from the District Manager, and was hired over the phone. Phone Call took about 5 minutes. They did a background check, and started working the next week.

Interview Questions

• Was I available to work weekends.   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitehouse, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Whitehouse, TX (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Straightforward, simple interview. They were mainly interested in past experience, and as I had worked in retail before, they mainly focused on answering any questions I had and pushed me forward with the onboarding process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in retail or customer service?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Latham, NY (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

I applied online for the position and got a call from the manager to come in for an interview. I went in for the interview and got offered the position. I never heard back from the manager.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability every week?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General in August 2020.

Interview

Easy, informal, straightforward in my experience. Nothing too difficult just asking about yourself and what you know how to do. Then given the chance to ask your own questions after.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to run a register?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Many, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar General (Many, LA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

the interview was very brief and amusing. The ladies that did my interview gave off good energy and hired on the spot! Questions were very simple and easy. Make sure to ask any questions that you can think of to make sure the job is right for you.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasantville, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Pleasantville, NJ (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and straightforward. The manager interviewing
    me asked about what I liked and didn't like about my previous job. The manager then went over the basics like dress code, hours, training,etc.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.