Epic Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5,497 of over 5,497.0 interviews

Recruiter14%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Epic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic

Interview

Phone screen (30 mins) > online test (3 hours) > final interview (3 hours) You can find all the questions you need to succeed by looking through Glassdoor. I scraped through hundreds of the interviews here and no question I was asked wasn't here, so study up and prep your answers. Phone screen is easy, but the test was honestly really difficult and determines your fate. Lots of logic, pseudo-coding, math, and English grammar skills. The final day is a few rounds but at this point, maybe half will get an offer (software demo, PM role overview, case study, presentation, wrap-up with recruiter). Come prepared, speak about something you know well for your presentation, and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
  • General * Tell me about yourself. * Name 5 things you are not. * What are traits you think make a successful leader? * What is the most interesting thing you ever did? * Are you more of a big picture or details person? * What would you bring to this job that you feel others may not? * What is the best advice you would give to yourself five years ago? * If I spoke with your references, what would they tell me about you? * Describe your ideal supervisor. * How much do you participate in meetings percentage wise? * What is a misconception people have about you? * What is the most important trait in order to be successful? About Epic * Why Epic? * Where do you see healthcare in the next 20 years? * If given multiple job offers, what would be the determining factor in your choice? Work Experience * Tell us about a situation in which you took charge of a team. * Think of a time when you were in-charge and the decision you made turned out to be the wrong decision. How did you handle it? * Describe a time when you may have encountered a difficult situation and the steps you took to ensure resolution. * What type of projects have you done? * What was the most difficult project you had to complete? * Give an example of a time you showed initiative? * What is an example of a problem you solved? * Tell me about a time you were criticized. How did you work on this? Hypothetical Situations * Scenario: There is a decision to be made for a client in which there are four team members and one team leader. Everyone has the same experience and seniority. All four team members think that one action should be taken, and the team leader wants to do something else. The team members believe that what the leader wants to do will waste time and money for the client. * Two situations: one where you are the team leader and one where you are one of the four others. What do you do as each in this scenario? * Scenario: You have a go-live in a week but the physicians are not getting the advanced features they want and are threatening to quit if they do not get these advanced features. How do you solve the problem? * Scenario: How would you handle a situation where a client is about to Go Live with the product and tells you there is another hospital that the software is not created or tested for and hospital personnel are not trained? * How would you handle a conflict or disagreement with somebody on your team? * What would you do in a situation where you are a leader and you make a decision your team doesn't agree with? * What would you do if you disagree with your leader's decision? * If there was someone on your team who was chronically underperforming, how would you handle it? * You're in a group with three other employees, and you think you should solve a problem a certain way, but the three other group members think that the problem should be solved another way. You're certain you're correct. How do you proceed? * What would you do if a customer expressed a problem with one of your team members? * Would you rather speak in front of 30 strangers, 6 colleagues you know kind of well, or 1 person of authority? Why? * Which of the following would be the most difficult to present to: the CEO of a company, a group of 5-8 people who are pretty educated on what you're about to present on, or a group of 50 that have no background knowledge on the information you're presenting?
    Answer Question
156 people found this interview helpful

Epic

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Epic

Interview

I was first required to take a recorded and timed assessment that included material such as coding. Then, they gave me a phone call to discuss the job, my engineering background, and their campus.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Epic

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic

Interview

Boiler plate questions from a recruiter. Basically questions about yourself, your background, your education, your work experience. After the first year of you they like and look for a second, and possibly a third before making an offer. Nothing extraordinary. Kind of lazy in my opinion.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Epic

Application

I interviewed at Epic

Interview

We spent a whole day at the Epic campus for a tour and various interviews with staff. The most memorable interview was the one where we were asked to prepare ahead of time a topic that we found interesting to teach to a room of people.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Epic

Application

I interviewed at Epic

Interview

Virtual because of covid but very laid back. Just your basic questions. Also asked about coding background. I wouldn't be too worried about it if you have experience with coding.

Epic

Application

I interviewed at Epic

Interview

There is an Act like test which is not too hard if you are good at tesr taking. They will demonstrate the software for you and have you give a presentation for 10 minutes on a topic of your choice. First phone interview is easy spend time preparing for case study using online case studies.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Epic

Application

I interviewed at Epic

Interview

First behavioral done online then phone interview followed by technical interview. The interviewer on the phone was very nice and answered all questions very nicely. They asked me for more information about my prior experiences listed in the resume. The quick logic questions on the technical interview was a bit annoying to complete.

Interview Questions
  • They asked to complete four coding questions under a period of time.

Epic

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic

Interview

Got invited to an interview by a recruiter. I did some talking with the first phone call, which I thought went great, then got sent to do the skills assessment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Riverside, CA)

Interview

It's a long day, consisting of various interviews with many different people. There is also a short presentation that you are able to prepare for. It is a fair process though, allowing you to interact with a lot of different people and not be worried that one bad exchange could cost you the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI)

Interview

I got through the first phone interview which went fine, they asked questions about who I was and what my favorite projects were then explained their company and Madison, Wisconsin

Interview Questions
  • What is your favorite project that you worked on? What is a problem you've run into when programming and how did you solve it?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 5,497 Interviews