Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Interviews at Facebook

6,398 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

phone interview starting with introducing yourself followed by two code questions.
    The first coding question is very standard coding question and the second one is
    a little more related to facebook's certain functionality

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me over email and set up a phone interview for the following week for a 15-minute call. I guess next round would have been with a hiring manager

Interview Questions

• PLEASE DON'T TAKE THE PHONE SCREENING LIGHTLY! I did and got rejected. I was expecting SQL questions and in general talk about my resume but she asked me a question on product sense and I was completely unprepared for it. Creation of Facebook user groups has gone down by 20%, what will you do? sounds simple but I messed it up so badly. I was just blabbering anything in an unstructured way, I sounded so stupid and not even fit for a small company forget Facebook. The recruiter was nice and she did not say anything but I were to hear my own answer, I would reject myself on spot. I regret it so much wish I could have prepared for it. I hope someone sees this and it helps them.

The SQL questions were easy and I did answer them correctly- what kind of joins to get only common rows, what the natural sorting order etc.   8 Answers

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Telephonic Interview: 30 mins SQL and 30 mins coding.
    Expectation: 4/5 in SQL should be correct and 3/5 in coding should be correct.

Most of the folks have already explained this process in detail so will jump on the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• want you to write me a simple spell checking engine.

The query language is a very simple regular expression-like language, with one special character: . (the dot character), which means EXACTLY ONE character (it can be any character). So, for example, 'c.t' would match 'cat' as the dot matches any character. There may be any number of dot characters in the query (or none).

Your spell checker will have to be optimized for speed, so you will have to write it in the required way. There would be a one-time setUp() function that does any pre-processing you require, and then there will be an isMatch() function that should run as fast as possible, utilizing that pre-processing.

There are some examples below, feel free to ask for clarification.

Word List:

[cat, bat, rat, drat, dart, drab]

Queries:

..... -> false
      h.t -> false
      c. -> false

// write a function
      // Struct setup(List<String> list_of_words)
      // Do whatever processing you want here
      // with reasonable efficiency.
      // Return whatever data structures you want.
      // This function will only run once

// write a function
      // bool isMatch(Struct struct, String query)
      // Returns whether the query is a match in the
      // dictionary (True/False)
      // Should be optimized for speed   18 Answers
    • Given an array of integers, we would like to determine whether the array is monotonic (non-decreasing/non-increasing) or not.
      Examples:
      // 1 4 6 3
      // false

//1 1 1 1 1 1
      // true   20 Answers
    • Calculate the average word length.
      For the given set of words return the average word length.   9 Answers
      | area_sqft | int | | gender | varchar |
      +-------------------+---------+ | date_account_opened | date |
                                            +---------------------+---------+

Question 1:
      What brands have an average price above $3 and contain at least 2 different products?

Question 2:
        To improve sales, the marketing department runs various types of promotions.
        The marketing manager would like to analyze the effectiveness of these promotion campaigns.
        In particular, what percent of our sales transactions had a valid promotion applied?

Question 3:
        We want to run a new promotion for our most successful category of products
        (we call these categories “product classes”).
        Can you find out what are the top 3 selling product classes by total sales?

Question 4:
          We are considering running a promo across brands. We want to target
          customers who have bought products from two specific brands.
          Can you find out which customers have bought products from both the
          “Fort West" and the "Golden" brands?   12 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Interview

There are initial phone screening with the HR. Then if the phone call went well, you will be scheduled to two video conferences (45 min each) that focus on "Product Sense" and "Product Execution" types of questions. Then after that's passed, you will have a 2nd round of three video conferences (45 mins each). The topics are "Product Sense, Product Execution, and Leadership." Once you passed this round, there will be about 2 weeks of reviewing process before they send out the offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure the success of the Instagram story?
      If you were the PM for FB dating app, and the users have dropped by 10%. What would you do?   Answer Question

Technical Program Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

**Beware** of this company, it has eroded, lacks diversity and also has low IQ Asian and Indians en-mass working for it now. My initial 45 minute interview was with a Caucasian and went well.

Initial 45 minute interview with an employee followed by virtual onsite. It was horrible to say the least. While the first 45 minute was with a Caucasian, about 7 people were present in my virtual onsite and 4 were Indians and 3 Asians. There is severe lack of diversity in this company. The average age of the people was also 45 years as I checked their LinkedIn profile. The Indian and Asian will not hire another Indian for sure.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and System Design Interview questions covering wide areas.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got an online assessment with two questions, followed by a first-round interview on Coderpad and Bluejeans video conference. The interview was 45 minutes. There will be a second-round if things go well.

Interview Questions

• There were 2 coding questions. We spent 30 minutes on the first question, and the rest of the time on another question which I didn't finish.   Answer Question

Facebook University Engineering Interview

Interview

One CodeSignal challenge for the application, the questions were LeetCode medium, harder than expected especially for a first-year internship. There are 4 questions and you have around 70 minutes to complete them, but there is a timecrunch.

SWE Intern Interview

Interview

Two rounds (first is a call and second is traditionally onsite), all technical. Interviewed with SWEs and interviews were organized by recruiter. Previous years have included an online screen as well, but your mileage may vary.

Interview Questions

• arrays, linked lists, and hashmaps are all good to know. nothing beyond LeetCode medium.   Answer Question

Interview

Through a referal I had a quick and no-nonsense phone interview. Just the way I like it. The interview lasted around an hour. The interviewer seemed monotone, but answered any questions I had. Of course there were some introductory questions on behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Given two arrays, write a function to compute their intersection.   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was thorough and on time. I didn't make it pass the recruiter but the job is very competitive. They provided information on jobs for future employment. They also keep your application for future consideration which is nice.

Interview Questions

• what sets you apart from other applicants.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.