Facebook Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8,284 of over 8,284.0 interviews

Employee Referral24%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

phone interview starting with introducing yourself followed by two code questions. The first coding question is very standard coding question and the second one is a little more related to facebook's certain functionality

Interview Questions
  • None
    Answer Question
1872 people found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

I was contact by a recruiter out of the blue telling me how they are really impressed by my CV. From first moment the interaction felt very impersonal and hurried up. Yes I know you are reaching out to a lot of candidates but let's not forget you are still talking to a human. I then got scheduled for an interview which was cancelled last moment apparently because the interviewer was sick. We then moved on to reschedule. Two weeks later I show up for the (remote) interview. The interviewer was late 5 minutes and when he showed he did not really seem to bother. We then swiftly began the process. I struggled a lot understanding the interviewer accent who seemed even lazy to clearly articulate properly his words. He was talking but you were getting a sense that he did not really care if he was understood. I completely zoned out, but I answered well the coding questions which I share below. We then moved on to the product related questions which were pretty basic and what you typically find on the web. I answered, but the whole process was feeling like a disconnect and I had a feeling we were both there just because we had too. To sum up - worse interview process ever.

Interview Questions
  • Given the following data: Table: searches Columns: date STRING date of the search, search_id INT the unique identifier of each search, user_id INT the unique identifier of the searcher, age_group STRING ('<30', '30-50', '50+'), search_query STRING the text of the search query Sample Rows: date | search_id | user_id | age_group | search_query -------------------------------------------------------------------- '2020-01-01' | 101 | 9991 | '<30' | 'justin bieber' '2020-01-01' | 102 | 9991 | '<30' | 'menlo park' '2020-01-01' | 103 | 5555 | '30-50' | 'john' '2020-01-01' | 104 | 1234 | '50+' | 'funny cats' Table: search_results Columns: date STRING date of the search action, search_id INT the unique identifier of each search, result_id INT the unique identifier of the result, result_type STRING (page, event, group, person, post, etc.), clicked BOOLEAN did the user click on the result? Sample Rows: date | search_id | result_id | result_type | clicked -------------------------------------------------------------------- '2020-01-01' | 101 | 1001 | 'page' | TRUE '2020-01-01' | 101 | 1002 | 'event' | FALSE '2020-01-01' | 101 | 1003 | 'event' | FALSE '2020-01-01' | 101 | 1004 | 'group' | FALSE Over the last 7 days, how many users made more than 10 searches? You notice that the number of users that clicked on a search result about a Facebook Event increased 10% week-over-week. How would you investigate? How do you decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing? The Events team wants to up-rank Events such that they show up higher in Search. How would you determine if this is a good idea or not?
79 people found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

This was the WORST interview experience I’ve ever had in my life. I was eager to work for FB because of the glowing glass door reviews. I reached out to many people blindly on LinkedIn to ask for help in the hopes of a referral and luckily one person did this. Next, I met with HR who asked me about my background and skills and told me if I see something in the future and I am a match, I should have the FB employee refer me and HR Person #1 will be my “sponsor”. I did this many times and I was eventually contacted by HR person #2 about a role. HR Person #2’s emails to me were hot and cold (eager to meet one min., ghosting the next). After about three months of this, we had a phone interview and he punted me to HR Person #3 who would schedule the meeting via their interview website with the Team Leader and me. HR person #3 was lackadaisical in her response and I thought I was getting ghosted again or the system was broken. I followed up with HR person #2 and finally, the meeting was set. I met with the Team Leader for a video interview and I thought I did well however, at the end I got the passive aggressive decline statement of “Well, we’re still interviewing candidates, thank you for your time”. I asked HR Person #2 for the Team Lead’s email so I could send a thank you note and I was ghosted again! After I was given the chance to do a survey from FB and I wrote about my abysmal experience. Oddly, almost immediately after, many HR people reached out to me including HR Person #2 . He said the Team Lead was impressed with me and he wanted to set up a panel interview and introduced me to HR Person #4 who would take me through the next part . HR #4 and I spoke and he said “I’d be the person to make you an offer”. This statement angers me the most because HR should not say this unless you will do that. This statement made me think “wow - it seems like I have the job” because I HAVE heard this from HR people who have offered me jobs in the past. HR person #4 had me work with HR person #3 on giving my times for the panel interview through their online site again. FYI - if you want communication through this site, you should promptly respond to people in it. I consistently got mixed messaging and slow response times and emails were more efficient. I was always unsure what was the correct communication method. If you wanted this site to be used why do you ignore me when I communicate through it? HR person #4 also told me about their mentoring program and provided me the questions that the panel would ask me. Based on my research, I found out I needed to use the STAR method when giving responses. Regarding the “mentoring program” I found the direction of how to use it awful. The broad overview and the use of it was akin to a Boss saying “Come out for a happy hour if you want to go”. With those types of invites you always have to say “yes”. I reached out to three people for a “mentor” meeting. One ignored me (PATTERN!), the second questioned why I would reach out to her. The third was an awesome, super nice man. I spent a WHOLE WEEKEND prepping for an interview with four people. During the interview, three seemed very impressed with my responses and background and also made it seem that the job was mine. The last person I met with was the person who would be my manager. Sadly, she was not invested at all in this meeting. She questioned my background and made a rude digs at my various career choices which was unkind. After, I sent everyone thank you notes in the system and via their email (mixed messaging from the panel as well on how to communicate) and I kept in touch with HR #4 on how it went. I was informed about a week later that I did not get the job with a poorly written, grammatically incorrect recycled note. No specific feedback was given as to why I was not chosen. However, I was told the team I met with liked me a lot and supported me for other opportunities. I looked on LinkedIn to see who accepted the job and what skills they had VS mine. Oddly, the job was immediately re-posted on LinkedIn which I found extremely befuddling. Upon further LinkedIn sleuthing, they already had a person in this role?! Over time I reached out to recruiter #4 regarding opportunities that I could fulfill but nothing materialized. Upon more sleuthing on LinkedIn, I see that the reason why the Hiring manager I met with was not invested in the meeting is she had a coworker from her prior employer that she wanted to put in this role. The purpose of me interviewing was most likely fulfilling an HR metric. To potential candidates interviewing here - don’t waste your time. The amount of time I spent interviewing here was too much (spoke with 11 people and devoted too many HOURS to this). The confusion, lack of communication and the disrespect I received was abhorrent. Don’t give them the satisfaction of using you as an HR metric as well.

20 people found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook in Aug 2021

Interview

Reached out by recruiter. Technical screening, 1hr, 5 python, 5 SQL You will be able to see the test cases as you're coding. For SQL questions you can query the database to check the data. I got 9.5 out of 10 questions correct. The last SQL questions I got incorrect, but the interviewer said my logic looked right. Waiting for response.

Interview Questions
  • Write a function to return the number of times a character appears in a string. The character can be the empty string.
  • Complete a function that returns a list containing mismatched words in two strings. The return list can be in any order. I used set to solve this question, but was also asked to verbally explain how I would solve it without using sets.
  • Given an array containing None values, fill in the array with the most recent None value. If the list starts with None, then don't do anything to it.
  • Given a dictionary, print the key for nth highest value present in the dict. If there are more than 1 record present for nth highest value then sort the key and print the first one (alphabetically). N can be higher than the number of elements in the dictionary.
  • Given a list of ints, balance the list so that each int appears equally in the list. Return a dictionary where the key is the int and the value is the count needed to balance the list. [1, 1, 2] => {2: 1} [1, 1, 1, 5, 3, 2, 2] => {5: 2, 3: 2, 2: 1}
  • What percent of all products in the grocery chain's catalog are both low fat and recyclable?
  • What are the top five (ranked in decreasing order) single-channel media types that correspond to the most money the grocery chain had spent on its promotional campaigns? media_type can contain mutliple values seperated by a comma, so single channel is when media_type only has one value.
  • Percent of sales that had a valid promotion, the VP of marketing wants to know what percent of transactions occur on either the very first day or the very last day of a promotion campaign.
  • Write a query that returns product_family, units_sold, percentage of promoted.
  • Write a query that returns percentage of unsold product_category.
27 people found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook in Mar 2021

Interview

1. I got a call from FB Recruiter who found me through linkedin, and had first discussion of general experience and also asked 5 basic SQL and python questions. 2. Next round is 1hr technical interview, where code will be written in coderpad. Interviewer is very helpful and it is more like a conversation, rather than interview. Some basic hints for python coding is also there which you can refer in case you stuck somewhere. The questions are all available in Glassdoor here. Please refer them and practice well.

Interview Questions
  • Python questions: 1. Replace None value with previous value present in a list. 2. Given a ´dictionary, print the key for nth highest value present in the dict. If there are more than 1 record present for nth highest value then sort the key and print the first one. 3. Given two sentences, you have to print the words those are not present in either of the sentences.(If one word is present twice in 1st sentence but not present in 2nd sentence then you have to print that word too) 4. Forgot another question you have to pass all the cases, specially on edge cases. SQL questions: 1. Mostly % calculation, also refer the questions available here in Glassdoor. Next will be my Onsite Interview of 3.30hr. If anyone can help me on that or else I will update later on that interview as well.
74 people found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

It was a very thorough interview process. You can prepare by looking up how to prepare, there are a lot of great resources. It is very structured and digs into different competency areas. Unfortunately too much so, it felt very inpersonal. My recruiter was very unresponsive and did not seem to be listening to my concerns about the role. I expressed that I would love to hear about other teams which I was told I would, but never did. No one ever formally congratulated me, as the recruiter was very. matter of fact when they rolled out the offer and did not send me anything in writing for 5 days. While I was super interested in joining, the way the recruiter approached it showed me it is not the type of recruiting culture I want to be a part in. I enjoy being high touch with candidates or any one who I interview. I never heard from any one with my offer, so it was hard to get excited or understand the why behind why they chose this team for me. Although the offer was very competitive, I did no feel seen, so I declined due to my recruiter values.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to use data to influence a decision or process change?
2 people found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

Phone Screen (1 45 minute interview) + Onsite (3 45 minutes interviews). All technical challenges (2 per interview) were leetcode Medium/Hard + one fo the on-site interview was strictly behavioral (no coding).

Interview Questions
  • If you could only remove at most one character from a string, would it form a valid palindrome?
3 people found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

Got a hard question during the phone. I tried to work it out, but I do not have enough time to go through the whole code and run the testing cases.

Interview Questions
  • A hard question on the Leetcode. That one requires using dp to solve.

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

Long and drawn out. Lots of questions. Sometimes difficult ones, sometimes easy ones. Also some stuff in a whiteboard. Drawing pictures and diagrams. Was expecting an ethics test but didn't get one.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

I am currently interviewing for the data science analytics internship. They have a super helpful recruitment team, they provide lots of resources to help prepare. It consists of 3 rounds. Had the first recruiter conversation and made it to the next step. Currently preparing for the second round, which is a case analysis + technical analysis round.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 8,284 Interviews