Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Interviews at Facebook

6,864 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

phone interview starting with introducing yourself followed by two code questions.
    The first coding question is very standard coding question and the second one is
    a little more related to facebook's certain functionality

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me over email and set up a phone interview for the following week for a 15-minute call. I guess next round would have been with a hiring manager

Interview Questions

• PLEASE DON'T TAKE THE PHONE SCREENING LIGHTLY! I did and got rejected. I was expecting SQL questions and in general talk about my resume but she asked me a question on product sense and I was completely unprepared for it. Creation of Facebook user groups has gone down by 20%, what will you do? sounds simple but I messed it up so badly. I was just blabbering anything in an unstructured way, I sounded so stupid and not even fit for a small company forget Facebook. The recruiter was nice and she did not say anything but I were to hear my own answer, I would reject myself on spot. I regret it so much wish I could have prepared for it. I hope someone sees this and it helps them.

The SQL questions were easy and I did answer them correctly- what kind of joins to get only common rows, what the natural sorting order etc.   9 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

It's COVID times, so it's initial discussions, then a coding interview, then the virtual onsite over one or two days. The coding challenge is over a separate app, coderpad. They had all this extra stuff to read -- it was kind of weird, like they wanted you to take time out to prep for the SATs or GREs or something, which is weird for a company as data-centric and analytic as FB is. That's how you get distorted dynamic data back. You want to just have normal conversations to see how people are.

Interview Questions

• There was for instance a basic coding challenge interview at the start. But a thing I'll mention is, for a high-level company like FB, there was an odd obsession with basics, when people don't work that way -- it's not that it's irrelevant, it's better to be solid than not, but it's a tiny piece of the puzzle that's gating prospective hires. It was strange to not be asked the types of questions that would indicate actual capacity to innovate, manage, etc. I would have only done that kind of challenge for maybe a fresh graduate, not someone who's done real work.   2 Answers

SWE Intern Interview

Interview

Background introduction from both sides, the interviewer and me, and then coding questions, follow ups, analysis to the coding questions, and then ask questions to the interviewers. That's all. Good luck on the interviews!

Interview Questions

• Introduction about yourself, and also the projects   1 Answer

Data Science Intern Interview

Interview

Had two interviews and a couple of HR screenings/calls
    - Prod Sense + SQL
    - Prod Sense + Stats & Probability

Both rounds are elimination rounds.
    The entire process took almost a month.

Interview Questions

• Very basic SQL questions to check fundamental concepts. Similarly for Stats & Probability.
      Product Sense was the main chunk in both the rounds.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It included a number of challenging coding questions, behavioral questions, and system design questions. They are willing to move through the process fairly quickly. There were only a few stages: initial screen, coding screen, and on-site.

Interview Questions

• How would you design Facebook Checkins?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Made it all the way to the final round, then had to do an additional 2 hours of interview. Think it was something like 12 Leetcode questions total. Very tiring.

Interview Questions

• Hard level Leetcode questions .   1 Answer

Product Design Intern Interview

Interview

Phone screen, past work walk through (recruiter stressed not to make a slide deck for this part) app critique (casual convo)

Product Designer Interview

Interview

I had an initial conversation with a recruiter (product design specific). It was a great discussion covering my experience and journey as a product designer. I got the impression that this was a casual introduction, but also that there would be continued communication. I was disappointed when I didn't hear back from her for a few weeks after I reached out a couple of times.

Interview Questions

• Tell about your background in design and some recent projects you've worked on.   1 Answer

Communications Specialist Interview

Interview

The process consisted of a phone screen interview, interview with the hiring manager, interviews with team members and a writing assignment. It was a pretty straight forward process. Recruiters were helpful throughout - very organized.

Interview Questions

• Q: What would you have done given [insert hypothetical Facebook situation]?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.