Fidelity Investments Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2,858 of over 2,858.0 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Raleigh, NC) in Aug 2020

Interview

The interview process was broken down into 3 parts. Two of the parts were phone interviews and the third was a video call with the district hiring manager. All three asked about work experience, availability, and ability to do job.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle difficult clients? When was a time you solved a problem at work? When was a time you gave excellent customer service?
    1 Answer
18 people found this interview helpful

Fidelity Investments

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview

1. Apply for the job 2. Very soon after you get invited to do a "HireVue" which is a one-way video interview. Be prepared to answer why you want to work for Fidelity, why you want that role, a time you gave good customer service, and what you know about the series 7 and 63 exams. 3. Call with a recruiter. If you get lucky and get a nice recruiter, this will be simple. Why are you interested in Fidelity? This position? Series 7 and 63? Explain career gap if you have one. Do you live near the office? They will explain covid policy, training situation, expectations. They explain that you are 8-5 during training, but after training you will probably be 6 - 3 or 3pm - 11pm. Explained the potential start dates if I make it through the process. Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer? What is good customer service? Do you have any questions for me? 4. Online assessment. This exam felt very geared towards people with a certain type of background (privileged). You sign a disclosure saying that you won't tell anyone what is on this assessment. Think, percentages/fractions, simple math so have a calculator. A dictionary would be helpful too though they probably wouldn't allow it, technically. For the english part, think old english words that no one uses anymore. Not every question used words like that, but a lot did. I found the choice of vocabulary used for this test to be extremely disappointing considering these words would not be used in everyday conversation with customers, and on top of that if you don’t know a word in real life you can easily google it or look it up in a dictionary. It feels pretty messed up to prevent someone from getting a job if they fail these questions where they will never use these words on the job. Moving on, you then take a personality quiz which also felt a little off. It is the type where you can tell what answers they are looking for but they try to act like there is no right or wrong. Ex, and this question was not on the quiz but as an example, "I get along well with others" - then rate how much you agree or disagree. 5. Zoom interview with two people. What interests you about finance? Why Fidelity? Do you understand the role? What will be challenging for you? What will you enjoy about this role? A time when you received critical feedback and how you handled it. A time you set a goal but could not meet it. A time when you received great customer service. How would you deescalate an angry client? A time when you were on a team and someone wasn't doing their part, how did you handle it? What do you know about series 7 and 63? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What would make you leave Fidelity?

Interview Questions
  • You will get asked every time WHY Fidelity so be prepared to talk about how great you think Fidelity is / everyone loves them / etc. Be prepared to talk about the series 7 and 63, so have a high-level of understand of what the licenses are for and why you need them.

Application

Interview

The interview process was quite simple. It was all behavioral questions. the interview was about an hour. It took about 3-4 weeks for them to get back to me.It was great experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Fidelity Investments

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview

It was a good experience had a good but difficult interview, it's a place where everyone wants to work but need to clear the interview. Need to prepare ourselves before going for the interview

Interview Questions
  • As Usual the same interview pattern at start. After it gets going

Fidelity Investments

Application

I interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview

I applied to the Leap program and was sent a HireVue shortly after submitting my application. There were 6 easy behavioral questions. After submitting my hirevue, a recruiter reached out to me to schedule a phone screening. She reached out at around 4:30 PM on a Friday, and I responded around 5:00 PM saying I’d be free any day after 11 AM. She sent an email at 8:45 AM on Monday saying she’s going to call me at 9:00 AM that day. Who does that? Literally no time to prepare for the interview and it was sent before business hours. She had no idea what she was talking about during the phone screening. One question was along the lines of “How has your experience with Object Oriented programming helped you understand SQL” which makes absolutely no sense, and you’d think a recruiter for a tech role would have more of an understanding of how different tools and technologies were used. Another was “How have you solved a problem using object oriented principles”. At the end of the interview I asked if she thought I was qualified for the role and she said “you’re not the worst candidate I’ve seen”. I’m not sure how such a rude, impersonal recruiter fell into this role. She asked me my availability for an interview and told me I could do one later that week. I asked if I could have the week to prepare, and she said sure. I later emailed her my availability, and she never responded. This was over a month ago. I know it’s not a reflection of Fidelity, but they need to do a better job at screening recruiters. Terrible experience with this recruiter/process.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Fidelity Investments

Application

I interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview

Computer interview Interview began with a video of different employees talking about working at Fidelity. These employees spoke about the values and importance of customer relations. They spoke about the diversity of the staff.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Fidelity Investments

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in Sep 2020

Interview

If your application gets through to HR, you get sent a link to do a HireVue interview. From what I remember, there’s 7 questions and you have 2 minutes to answer each. If they like your answers, you get put through a phone interview. The phone interview was about 45 minutes and mostly behavioral based. After that, you’ll get sent a link to do an assessment. Be warned; the assessment is pretty difficult, so go in it doing the best you can. Once you completed the assessment, HR will follow up to talk about how you did and if it was good enough for a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interview was via Zoom with 2 hiring managers. The women I had were so nice and really made me feel comfortable. That interview lasted an hour. Once done with the interview, they told me they’d contact me within a week or 2 with a decision - I received one in an hour!

Interview Questions
  • Why Fidelity?
  • What did you like about a previous manager?
  • How did you handle feedback you didn’t agree with?
  • How would you handle an upset customer?
  • Describing your day by an 80/20 perspective, what good things constitutes as your 80? What undesirable things are described as 20?
154 people found this interview helpful

Fidelity Investments

Application

I interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview

very straightforward, easy over the phone interview. interviewer walked me through the different departments and helped me decide which one would be best suited for my skillset. overall positive experience and would recommend having specifics about fidelity and why it's attractive to you

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Fidelity Investments

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview

Horrible process. First interview over the phone went well. Second Zoom interview the person was RUDE, condescending, to the point of being racist. I do not appreciate how I was treated in the interview. I almost disconnected the Zoom because of how unprofessional he was.

Interview Questions
  • Why do I want the position over another at Fidelity? Give examples of questions you can ask to assess the needs of the customer.

Fidelity Investments

Application

I interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview

Interview totally had 2 rounds. One technical and one manager round. Interview was based on the skill set required for the team. Did not ask me to write anything. It was just oral.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Fidelity Investments

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview

There were 2 initial phone calls with recruiters and then 2 zoom interviews with a panel of people on the team that you would be working with. The phone calls are very informative and the recruiter you speak with will be with you until the end.

Interview Questions
  • What is a quality that you gravitate toward in your courses?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,858 Interviews