Interview Question

Partner Account Manager Interview

-Bristol, England

Booking.com

First role play is individual. The scenario is that you are a rep for B.C and you're at a trade show. You have to present yourself to a new hotel with the objective of getting them to use B.C as their OTA. They currently use a competitor. The key here is to ASK QUESTIONS. As many as you can think of. Don't do what I did and start throwing facts and figures at them. Establish their market and strategy first and apply the facts accordingly. Who is their ideal customer (holiday makers or corporate), what is their main focus (filled rooms of just mere footfall). I couldn't stop talking (and this is why I wasn't hired). As they finish up, try hard to get a meeting scheduled to come and see them at a later date. Be pushy. I wasn't.

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

2 Answers

what commission do they offer , its a secure online booking compared to our competitors , booking.com gives you 100% assurety of your reservation once you produce your credit card details its secure and safe booking through the system is very easy and direct dont need any trainning unlike other competitors it is a very reliable system for payment process . tere is free cancellation policy

Anonymous on

The second role play is a group activity. You are each given an employee to represent, as their manager. You are given a brief overview of them, what their bonus was last year and the argument for an increased bonus (or decreased as the case may be). The annual bonus pot has been reduced by approx 30%. Then you have to argue your case with your Board of Directors. The objective is to see how pushy you are. Can you get your directors to back down and give you what you want (or what your employee wants). It also gives you the opportunity to illustrate what you believe is an important attribute. Do you look at the bigger picture, or are you all about your own team..

Anonymous on

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.