GLOBALFOUNDRIES Principal Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 19 of over 482 interviews

In Person16%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Dresden

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Dresden)

Interview

The interview was face to face, after one phase of telephonic interview. The interview was very based on technical, and personal skills. Most of the technical questions asked in the interview were from resume.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Work experiecnce. 2. Explain the technical projects added in the resume. 3. Explain the automation project. 4. Details of the quality training mentioned in the resume.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Singapore) in Jan 2019

Interview

Panel interview - manager with three of his subordinates. Most questions are related to previous work experiences. There are not so much technical questions but mostly behavioral and hypothetical questions.

Interview Questions
  • What projects have you worked on? What is your role on these projects?

GLOBALFOUNDRIES

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES

Interview

Three rounds with managers and engineers. It took around two hrs. It was a reasonable and friendly interview . No unbelievable nonsense questions . They know what they want . I know what I want . No tons of behivor questions . After interview , still feel energized and no exhausted .

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Singapore) in Aug 2017

Interview

The process was very smooth. I got contacted by an internal GF recruiter and spoke with the hiring manager 1 week later. On the process I got the opportunity to speak with the director and VP of technology and they explained the mission in a very clear and exciting way. After some phone and skype interviews I got invited to an on-site interview. The stay was very relaxed, I gave a presentation about my background and prospective coworkers also provided presentation. Recruiters and HR in general were extremely efficient and took care of every detail from day 1.

Interview Questions
  • Several questions related to my background and related to electronics., MEMS Design , fabrication process.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (San Jose, CA) in Aug 2017

Interview

The interview was smooth and easy. I met with different members of the team and did not have any difficult questions. The HR are like bots do not try to negotiate nor ask them any details and keep the questions to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (San Jose, CA) in Jul 2017

Interview

The interview consisted of my research presentation, followed by face to face interviews which covering basic questions and questions about my research. Everything went smoothly. Some technical issues happened during presentation (conf call with other team members)

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Singapore) in Sep 2016

Interview

Total two rounds of interview, 1st round by director supervisor, 2nd round by engineering director. An IQ test for 1st interview. HR will conductor background check before offering the contract

Interview Questions
  • Reason to leave the current company and join Globalfoundries
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Virginia Beach, VA) in Jul 2016

Interview

Tech Interview, then Wait for Approval. The atmosphere was friendly, nice interviewer. I felt excited about the entire process, because it feels like you are communicating with another expert in your field.

Interview Questions
  • Basic tech questions, which is fair

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Albany, NY) in Apr 2015

Interview

It started off with a couple of phone interview first with the Hiring Manager followed by a technical interview. Then they invited to their Malta Office for a 6 hour interview. 1st Round - Basic Java Interview pretty low level usually for fresh graduates please don't expect new technologies 2nd Round - General Technical interview pretty open no agenda. 3rd Round - Manager interview background information and scenarios 4th Round - High level interview usually they are focused on the issues they are facing and I think currently grappling with it. 5th Round - Senior Manager 6th Round - HR Interview which seemed like checking if you are a candidate who will stick around for a long time.

Interview Questions
  • why you want to change?? why you want to move to Albany? where do you see yourself in 5 years pretty much the standard interview got a feeling the company looks for PHd's or core bookish folks. It seems the interviewers are concerned if the candidate plans to stay long term in Albany giving the impression they are unable to attract good talent. It seems most of the work is outsourced so in short it is a co-coordinator job

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in Mar 2015

Interview

panel interview, about 5 hours total. quite a bit technical questions focusing on semiconductor device physics. hiring manager did not ask technical questions, most of the questions are based on resume.

Interview Questions
  • asked the short channel effect of mosfet
Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Interviews