Gemalto Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2 of over 185 interviews

Interviews at Gemalto

Negative100%
Applied online100%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Gemalto

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto in Mar 2018

Interview

Very unprofessional organization. I had multiple phone interviews and was told by almost everyone, including the hiring manager and the senior person I spoke with, that they thought I would be a great fit. The original HR person (who suddenly was no longer with the company) talked specific pay and basically told me that I should expect an offer if the remaining phone interviews went well. They seemed to. Then they told me they were also interviewing one other person and they would get back to me. They went completely quiet on me and I reached out to HR repeatedly. Finally I sent an email to the hiring manager and copied the new HR contact and within 15 minutes the HR contact called me. He said, sorry we pass. I was confused because it was in direct conflict with things I had been told. I asked for an explanation and he said they decided they wanted the position elsewhere. Funny, they had told me the team was spread out all over the world and that the position was remote. The hiring manager had also told me when I spoke with her that I would be a good fit for this job but she also had another job she thought I would be a good fit for. I asked about that and was told we have your information and we'll let you know if something comes up. I am a professional and I always carry myself as such. The drastic shift from what I was told during my conversations and the final outcome makes no sense. And....if it were true that they had decided they wanted the position located elsewhere, then that is a decision that should be made before posting the job so that you don't waste everyone's time. My advice---Don't waste your time interviewing with this company. If this is the way they treat interview candidates they claim they like (3 of the 5 interviewers told me that as well as both HR people I spoke with) then how are they gonna treat you if you work there?

Interview Questions
  • Are you okay with working independently and taking the initiative to get things done rather than waiting?
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Gemalto

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX) in Jul 2011

Interview

I applied online and was invited to interview with the hiring manager and an HR rep. The hiring manager was cold and distant from the beginning and didn't give me much of a chance to explain my relevant experience or my ideas for the company. The HR rep only seemed to have one mindset: skepticism. I did the recommended follow-ups: thank you messages, inquiries for the next steps, etc, but it still took several weeks to hear a definitive answer and by then I had become frustrated with the lack of communication and eventually disinterested in working for them. As far as work culture, seemed like a very conservative company, didn't have an "Austin" vibe to it.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed