Genscape Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Genscape Interview Questions

Interviews at Genscape

2.7

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Genscape (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Within a week of applying, HR reached out to schedule a phone screening. Next was a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. Then an on-site visit, which consisted of 5 different 2:1 interview sessions. Ultimately, I did not get the job (it was given to someone internally, who had been part of the panel interviewing me). An overall quick and seamless hiring process, although it seems an obvious conflict of interest to be evaluated by a company employee in consideration for the same position.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Genscape (Boulder, CO (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. Initially I was asked to take a predictive index behavioral assessment. It took a couple of weeks, but eventually Genscape emailed me about scheduling an initial interview. This interview was very easy. The person leading it was mostly there to tell me the roles which I'd perform if I was awarded the job, and ask a few questions about why you wanted the job and if your experiences related to the job.
    The next week I received an onsite interview. This one was a bit tougher, but still not too tough. I had three interviewers who picked apart my resume and tried to test me with to problems which required creative solutions. After that part each interviewer sat down with me one on one in order to get to know me on a more personal level. Nothing seemed too difficult, but the interviewers did seem disinterested, and I felt like my interview was a burden on them.

Interview Questions

• Why would oil analysis be important to you?
      What was a time that you stepped up and spoke out as a team and bettered the group?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genscape (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

I applied online and got an email about selection and asked for a date and time available.
    First round was with HR, asked some basic HR questions and asked me to skim through my resume.
    Second round was with the Hiring manager, asked about my projects and skills. Counter questioned on some points.
    Third round was with two senior managers, asked about my revious experience and why do I want to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Asked about behavioral and SQL questions.   1 Answer

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genscape (Boulder, CO (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I was initially contacted about an internship position I had applied for but when I spoke to the interviewer over the phone, she recognized that I was a graduate and asked if I would like to be considered for a full time position instead. The first phone call was largely a screening call, followed by a conversation with the manager of the role, followed by a final interview with the manager and several of the team members I would be working with.
    Throughout the process the recruiter who initially spoke to me was my main point of contact and was tremendously communicative and reachable. Because I had another job offer, the recruiting staff were kind enough to accelerate their schedule and have a phone interview as the final round, rather than me flying to Boston.

Interview Questions

• General "how would you perform in this situation" questions, as well as questions about my background and previous projects. After the second interview I was given a short corporate case study to evaluate.   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Interview

I interviewed with Genscape in Dec 2017. Very unprofessional company, both in respect to the recruiter and the people on the team I was interviewing with. Initially when the recruiter reached out to set up an interview, I never received a response despite following up. Only when I placed a review on Glassdoor noting their lack of follow up, did they respond. In any case, I finally had a phone screen with the recruiter. I asked the recruiter about salary via email because during the call she only asked about my expectations and never gave me a number. When I emailed her she still did not provide a number, only saying that we're in close range. Well, that's quite frankly not specific enough. I don't know why she was so reluctant to be transparent, but it's likely because they're paying under market. After I underwent two interviews with members of the Strategy team, the recruiter sent me a personalized note to let me know I wasn't moving forward which I appreciate it- I never bothered to follow up considering the tenor of my final interview.

For a company that is not a hot commodity and let's face it, an unknown, their process is too long and drawn out with too much disorganization, unresponsiveness, and a lack of transparency about simple things like salary. I might be willing to go through such hoops with hot tech companies, but not Genscape.

I had a call with the hiring manager that had to be rescheduled twice. I understand personal issues arise, and I understand having to reschedule once, but twice is excessive. Maybe it's best to just not schedule something, when there is a high level of uncertainty. My conversation with the hiring manager went well and she was extremely personable. The next step was supposed to be an onsite. But the recruiter changed her tune and said it would be an interview with Strategy Analyst(a peer). At this point, I was getting a bit annoyed, as I was in the final round stages for other companies I was way more interested in. Overall, there were quite a few red flags about this company that I had already experienced- the lack of responsiveness initially, the rescheduling, the lack of transparency about salary, etc.

I decided to proceed because I figured I might as well keep all potential opportunities open. The next step in the process is where it fell apart. I had an interview with a Strategy Analyst, which would have been a peer. First, in most reputable companies you're not interviewed by peers. But if you are interviewed by peers, companies typically make sure those peers conduct themselves in a professional manner. Well, the Analyst did not. The minute he answered the phone I could sense the conversation was not going to go well. He really dug into whether I had experience with commodities. This is not something the hiring manager or recruiter mentioned. My background is not finance, but rather management consulting. So, if they were looking for someone with that industry experience they shouldn't have bothered to waste my time. Commodities experience wasn't listed in the job requirements either. Since the topic of commodities experience was never even broached, I was very taken aback when the Analyst kept on grilling me about commodities. Not to mention, the hiring manager never even mentioned commodities. The Analyst asked me if I had heard of Genscape before I had applied for the job. I said no, but upon learning about it, it seemed like it occupies an interesting space and that this role in particular has great projects in the pipeline. Anyway, he seemed unhappy with this answer.

Well, newsflash. Genscape is not a well-known company. I am sorry to say. We then did a case which I thought went well. But he seemed to not like my answer. I frankly have no clue why. I've done cases before, and this was a qualitative case without numbers involved. I was then given time to ask questions and asked about the overall trajectory for an Analyst. He said something to the effect of "this job is really hands on. this is how I think about it. do I pay someone to teach me something or do I learn on my own?" So, we obviously know how this guy feels about business school. I hadn't even mentioned business school, so I don't really know why he went there. Anyway, he had a real chip on his shoulder. Basically, your prototypical bro. After asking a few questions, I brought the call to a close right at the 30 minute mark, stating that I didn't have any more questions, because there really was no point in continuing the conversation any further.

Since this team consists of two people, the hiring manager, and the Analyst, it's best that I will not be working at Genscape. I ended up getting a suitable offer at a better company. In the future, Genscape might want to find another senior level person to conduct the next round. The hiring manager is perfectly pleasant. The Analyst not so much.

Interview Questions

• With the hiring manager it was pretty standard. during the second interview I was asked about commodities.   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Genscape.

Interview

It’s a phone call interview on behavioral questions and few related the resume and the regarding the related experience on the subject and few real time questions. interviewer explained about the positions and there company details. We know a little research on the company when we go for a phone call interview.

Database Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genscape.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview and was asked for time slots.
    I gave them multiple time slots, no response. I followed up twice in a span of 2 weeks and they said they will give me a time soon.
    Finally, got a mail that the position is filled.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genscape in April 2018.

Interview

Was asked to set up a time for an interview. I replied with my available times, but the recruiter never got back to me.

I gave her the benefit of the doubt and assumed my email had gone to her junkbox or she had accidentally deleted it, so I inquired again. Still no response.

Why offer to interview if you're not going to interview in the first place? At least please let me know that you made a mistake and the company isn't hiring for that position anymore.

.NET Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genscape in April 2018.

Interview

Phone Interview, along with behavioral question related to your resume. It was a 45 min long interview regarding the question I have written below. we haven spoke about the database related questions too.

Power Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Genscape (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Started with an initial HR screening call. Then had an in-person interview. They asked me to prepare a 5 min powerpoint presentation, so the interview started with my presentation to 6 employees in a conference room. Then it transitioned to more typical interview questions and conversation.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.