Glassdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Glassdoor Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.1

Sr Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Recruiter emails me and wants me to take a 1 hr Java test before he'll even talk to me. Really? You can't even talk to me for 15 minutes so I know if the position/company is even a fit before I waste an hour? Next...

Interview Questions

• When the recruiter would not even talk to me with out taking the test, I just moved on to the next company.   Answer Question

28 Oct 2020 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Hi there,
    Thank you for your feedback. This is not our normal recruiting process as we typically always start with a recruiter or hiring manager interview where we share the compensation range, benefits, and insights into the role, as well as learning more about your experience and interests.
    There were some recent changes in the technical recruiting team this past month, and as a result, we leveraged a technical test earlier on in the process. We have since reverted back to our typical interviewing process and hope that you reconsider Glassdoor in the future.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Interview

Started out with 2 phone interviews, made it to the 3rd interview out of 4.

3rd interviewer told me that neighborhoods around him were burning down from wildfires, so I asked if he wanted to reschedule the interview, but he insisted on doing it then. This demonstrates pretty bad judgment in my view, along with the fact that he literally could not articulate the priorities of his own team and product.

Interview Questions

• How would you design an office refrigerator?   2 Answers

14 Sep 2020

Thanks for taking the time to share feedback about your interview experience. We're sorry to hear that you got an impression of bad judgment from your third interviewer. If you're comfortable, we'd love to know more about your experience to further understand and address your concerns. Please feel free to email a detailed record of your experience to people@glassdoor.com.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Glassdoor in September 2020.

Interview

Efficient, personable and very informative. The recruiter always stayed in touch and kept me updated and the team really expedited the process with me as I was dealing with multiple offers. They were transparent throughout and very clear about the role itself.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboarding: How would you redesign a grocery shopping app ?

For Designers: Be ready to explain your WHY vs. the WHAT. Storytelling and metrics are also highly valued and important.   Answer Question

Sr. Manager Machine Learning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Recruiter, 1 hr with hiring manager, full team 5-6 people. They had a coding interview first and didn’t tell me there will be one in advance. Rest of the interviews were mostly management and system design types and theoretical data science questions.

Interview Questions

• If your training data classification accuracy is 80% and test data accuracy is 60% what will you do?   1 Answer

PeopleTech Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Glassdoor in August 2020.

Interview

The hiring process was great! Definitely quicker than some other roles I had worked with. Everyone was super friendly and I always felt that they were rooting for me to be successful. I thought it was great that they sent out emails with interview tips, and reminded me that the interview goes both ways, both for Glassdoor to ensure that I'm a fit for them, but also for me to decide if Glassdoor is a fit for me too.

Interview Questions

• They asked me some job specific Workday configuration questions, and what modules I had experience with.   Answer Question
    • They asked me how someone would know if I was stressed out.   Answer Question
    • They asked me how I would handle competing priorities and what would help me determine which things would take highest priority.   Answer Question

Interview

Process took about a week - call with recruiter, call with hiring manager, and then an in person presentation to a group of about 5 to present a kick off call with a client. Then after the presentation, had more time to interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions

• How has your past experience prepared you for this role?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

2 phones, 1 case study, 1 virtual (onsite)

From a process standpoint, it was timely and smooth except for a small hiccup during virtual interview when last interviewer did not show; however, it was a touch-base with recruiter and we ended up immediately connecting via email/phone instead so promptly resolved.

Case study was a sales analysis although role was cost focused.

Interview was average although schedule was unclear and I had to give an impromptu presentation on the case study, so I was really surprised and unprepared, unfortunately. I'd definitely suggest clearer communication related to schedule.

In terms of the folks who I interacted with, everyone I spoke to was pleasant until the last interviewer, who also happened to be the overarching leader of the entire team. Sadly he just did not make a good impression on me. He seemed annoyed having to speak with me and disinterested during the interview, which completely killed any excitement I had about the possibility of joining the team and Glassdoor. I honestly don't know if this was a tactical approach or if I rubbed him wrongly from the get-go, but either way it's not a positive image and selling point nor a good way to promote yourself or the team dynamic, especially coming from a leadership position who I personally look to as examples and mentors. This interaction ultimately led me to immediately remove my candidacy from the interview process, sadly, but I hope sharing my experience can help future candidates better prepare for what to expect so to brace themselves.

Interview Questions

• Why Glassdoor? What makes you better over other candidates?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, case study, and a virtual onsite.

Interviews process took about 3 weeks. First two calls were about my background and previous projects. The case study was a broad analysis of the business with a data set. Virtual onsite was smooth and we debriefed the case study.

The recruiter was readily available for questions and was extremely helpful. She was transparent throughout the process which is incredible during such unknown times. The team members were awesome to speak with and every conversation felt unique.

Unfortunately I did not get the offer due to my experience level. I wish I knew this before spending 2 days working on a case study, preparing, and interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Describe something automotive or innovate that you have done?   Answer Question

Senior Business Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)).

Interview

Rigorous process and positive experience. Recruiter screen, phone interview with case + behavioral questions, excel/PPT homework assignment, then an on-site with three cases and an additional behavioral experience. While the process was time intensive, in my experience, it was on par with the level of investment required for BizOps roles at other tech companies. I appreciated how the process enabled me to meet various people at different levels across the team, which helped me assess whether the team and role would be a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you took initiative   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with an ambiguous problem   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in May 2020.

Interview

Interview Process
    1) Discussion with recruiter
    2) Discussion with hiring manager
    3) Phone Screening
    4) Virtual onsite with SDET, Hiring Manager, VP , Android developer and iOS Developer

Throughout the process, the recruiter(Emily Zentz ) did a great job in helping me to understand the process, interview prep and most importantly informing me on every update instantly.

I enjoyed talking to the team, hiring manager and recruiter, because of their professionalism throughout the process.

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

14 Sep 2020

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your interview experience at Glassdoor. We're thrilled to hear that Emily gave you a great experience and was always available to answer your questions. We'll pass that feedback along to her! Thanks again for taking the time to learn about our mission and meet with our team.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.