GoDaddy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

GoDaddy Interview Questions

Interviews at GoDaddy

2.6

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Normal interview process, recruiter then HR manager. Recruiter told was very informative and I learned a lot about the position to prepare for the actual interview (salary, position requirement, interview process, etc.).

Interview Questions

• Past experience and how it relates to the position I am applying to   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Scottsdale, AZ (US)).

Interview

Telephone and 2 in person. Offer was fair and on boarding was a breeze. Commute at that time was reasonable and I am not sure how they are doing that side of operations with shelter in place

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GoDaddy (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2020.

Interview

I interviewed for an SDE 2 position based in San Francisco. This was by far the worst interview experience I’ve had in my life. The interviewer was incredibly rude and arrogant from the beginning and it got worse as the interview went on. He berated and mocked my answers to behavioral questions, he cut me off while answering a question, he insulted my answers and he wouldn’t clarify anything about the programming question that he gave.

I emailed the recruiter about my experience and told him I’m not willing to interview with them again.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Denver, CO (US)) in December 2020.

Interview

6 total interviews. First with internal recruiter. 1 with hiring manager. 1 with a person on the team that did a coding challenge. I was told after the first 3 that they were very impressed and I made it to the "final round" which is 3 more interviews as close together as possible. I did them over 3 days. First was coding challenge. Second was for culture fit. All those went really well and I was told after #4 that they were still happy. #5 told me he thought I'd be a great fit fore the team.

Then came interview #6. With some guy who has got to be the most unbelievably flat and lifeless individual I've ever interviewed with . This was also a coding challenge, and a person who was NOT a member of the team I was interviewing for. He had me do another coding challenge, but this guy wasn't interested in talking about the challenge as I went along, like other devs have been. It was as if he couldn't care less about whether or not I finished. In the real world, developers help each other. If they get stuck on something stupid, and confer with another dev, they will talk and come up with an a solution. This guy had no interest in that. I ran into one of those issues that had me stuck for about 15 minutes. He knew what the issue was, but wouldn't say anything. Then said he'd give me 10 more minutes before he gave me a hint. The second he started to give me a hint, I knew what the issue was before he could finish. I continued and finished the first half of the challenge. Once I was done, that was it. Cut off at 1 hour, no interest to see if I could finish the second part.

I emailed the recruiter afterwards and told her how it went. No response. Radio silence for TWELVE DAYS until I received a call letting me know they were going with another candidate. Zero feedback from them, so I have no idea why they chose someone else.

It was kind of a waste of my time, as I ended up skipping almost a week worth of interviews with other companies in order to fit all their 3rd round interviews in after work hours. I learned a bit from the process, and GoDaddy sounds like a great company to work for, but I am not sure I understand how their process helps choose the best employees.

Interview Questions

• Build a to do list   1 Answer
    • Build a task list using vanilla javascript   1 Answer
    • Build an image marquee using images from typicode json site.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoDaddy in November 2020.

Interview

I had 6 different interviews with employees at different levels of the company. Overall the interview style was very standard. I was asked basic experience questions relating to the job. The process was very fast pace until it came to the final decision. I was told from the beginning that they would provide an update in every step of the interview process within 5 days. After my last interview, it took two weeks for the recruiter to call and inform me they went in another direction.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you disagreed with a manager's decision.   Answer Question

Interview

Had a phone interview that was very conversational! The in-person interview was with a couple different people with general questions. Next you move on to a work product and show them your skills. Not bad overall!

Interview Questions

• What's a conflict you've experienced, and how did you get past it?   Answer Question

Interview

First interview was about 20 minutes long. Haven't had the second interview yet but it's scheduled to be around 45 minutes. Overall the process is going pretty well I would say.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Website Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoDaddy.

Interview

You will schedule an initial phone interview about 30 minutes long. Then a second interview will be through zoom about one hour long. I had two different interviewers. Once you are offered you have to get a background check.

Incident Response Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoDaddy (San Jose, CA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

I was only given a take home test which I believe I correctly answered 13/15 questions ranging from error log analysis to malware analysis to reverse engineering. Only received a rejection, when following up they refused to provide any feedback at all.

Interview Questions

• Analyze this HTTP + apache error log   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy in September 2020.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter pretty quick. I had an interview with the hiring manager pretty fast aster that. A week later a conference call with the director, which I thought was interesting before talking to a team member. The interview went well I thought, and they seemed interested, but after the call there was radio silence for a week and then a generic HR decline message. I thought that was pretty cold for a company like GoDaddy; i'd like to have known at what stage they decided it didn't work out.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing you ever had to do in your current position.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.