HealthTap Interview Questions in Palo Alto, CA | Glassdoor.sg

Interviews at HealthTap

2.8

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Got email from headhunter, interview had been scheduled promptly. I have been reading negative reviews about HealthTap and my interview experience pretty much in line with bad reviews. My interviewer just join the company month ago and could’t answer simple question: how do you like working for HealthTap so far? Then he started non stop questions and tasks, all verbal: you have table a,b,c with columns .... and so on. Then another task and another, all together around 6-7 and every time I had to imagine all those tales/columns and on the spot get an answer. Really, can they prepare better for interview? Do they know about shared screen, tables schema, launchpad, properly written questions? I feel the single purpose of interview was to catch me on something I don’t know and therefore so many tasks were given. Doesn’t look like interviewer bothered to read my resume, when asked if I know dimension and fact tables...Serously? It is in my resume - 8 years as datawarehouse specialist with 2 courses in Kimball University. To summarize: do not waste your time with interview at HealthTap, they not professional and don’t respect engineers, looks like bad reviews at Glassdoor are real.

Interview Questions

• Too many, all verbal with details, hard to grasp it at once and understand the question.   Answer Question

Chief of Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA (US)).

Interview

Memorably humiliating experience interviewing with HealthTap.

Applied online, was contacted quickly to set up an interview. Drove an hour down to Palo Alto for the onsite. Spoke with the recruiting contact and she informed me I would be speaking with several different people. Talked with others in senior roles, Business Development and Product if I recall correctly. The next person to speak with was the CTO. He quickly honed in on past irrelevant experience. Midway through a question, he interrupts me and says that I'm a better fit for a different role that I was very overqualified for. He then gets up and walks out of the room. A bit taken aback I walked out asking if I should stay. Without looking up from his monitor he says "no need to stay." I gathered my things and wandered around the office asking random employees to badge me through doors and point me towards the exit.

All in all a very poor experience, but from the reviews here it seems like I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in HealthTap   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Had overall positive phone screen and a fairly well-organized initial on-site interview with about 5 people from the team. Those interactions were very conversational. Was called back to HQ a few days later to meet with the CEO. He was as eccentric as everyone says, but I didn't mind it. It's good to have some creativity where it counts. He did repeat several times "I invented this / It's my invention." He clearly didn't want me to mistake that detail. Also made me wonder if he would embrace the team. I was told interviews went well and was asked for 4 references.

The hiring manager kept talking up the company to me and how he couldn't wait for me to start. He called me in for a 3rd on-site interview to talk about my first assignment once I start and requested two more references even after 4 positive ones were checked.

Meanwhile I talked to 3 trusted mentors in the space, all who said to steer clear of this company for various reasons, mostly surrounding leadership integrity. I did see the negative Glassdoor reviews, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt and pressed on.

Phone call with hiring manager a 2 days later essentially giving a verbal offer without naming a salary. He requested my most recent paystub to verify my salary. I politely responded that it was illegal to ask me for that. The next day I was told cryptically that there would now not be an offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Had a technical phone screen and was then invited onsite for 1:1 interviews with 4 engineers. Questions mainly revolved around data structures. Nothing too crazy. For the next round, they invited me again to meet the CEO.

A few days later, I was invited again to discuss the offer. The offer seemed pretty low and I tried negotiating a bit. They gave me a final offer saying that's the best they can do and asked me to respond within a day. I declined the offer the next day. The emailed me again saying they were willing to renegotiate. I found this strange.

On the plus side, most of the people I met seemed very smart and driven.

Customer Support Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process at HealthTap is very thorough and organized. You need to get through a phone screening first before you're given a mini assignment to work on. They give you 7 days to complete the assignment and the directions are very clear and easy to understand. You're also given feedback on your assignment which is really nice and not something most companies do.

In person, the interview was at the corporate office in downtown Palo Alto. I met with 3 of the team members who were all very nice and dedicated to their jobs.

They did get back to me in the time frame they said they would and told me I was an impressive candidate, but they did decide that I wasn't the right fit for this role.

Overall positive experience and I think HealthTap is a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• The third person I met with was very analytical and wanted me to explain in detail some way of bringing a company from A to Z which I think is a difficult question if you don't have all the details.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

A friend put me in touch with a recruiter, and I had a brief intro call to learn about the company. She then connected me to the relevant PM for the team I'd be interviewing with. I had an intro call with the PM, which was followed by a HackerRank takehome - an algorithm to solve, and a frontend assessment that hinged primarily on CSS. After that, I went on-site, and interviewed with 4 people on the team I'd be joining. If I get called back, I'll interview with the PM again, and with the CTO.

Interview Questions

• In the HackerRank: an algorithim, and a frontend CSS question.   Answer Question

Senior Email Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA (US)).

Interview

The interview process was completely drawn out. Overall, I interviewed 4 times with 5 people. The process in it's entirety took weeks to complete. It started with a phone screen, then a sample project, then I drove to the office and met with a few of the team members, then I had another phone screen with the head of product, then a final interview with the CEO.

By the time I got to the in person interview, the position had changed. It wasn't a major change, but it would have been nice to know ahead of time. The team was overall very pleasant and asked questions that weren't too difficult, given my experience.

The worst interview I had, hands down, was with the CEO. He's incredibly arrogant and doesn't value your time at all. I drove 2.5 hours to get to my Sunday interview, he was 10 minutes late, and then only spoke with me for 15-20 minutes. By my 3rd question for him, he cut me off and said "Last one, I have other things to do." I'm sorry, but I've interviewed plenty of people in my life and never would I imagine treating someone that way. Not to mention, I have no clue why a CEO would be involved in the hiring process for a marketing manager. Clearly, he doesn't trust his team which is too bad because they seem like very smart, capable people.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of? What business metrics did you move forward?   Answer Question

Open Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Interview

Had a call with a recruiter for 15 minutes. I was invited onsite for what I thought was a 30 minute meeting with one person. I ended up meeting three additional people and staying an extra hour and a half. I was moved into three different conference rooms and had a walking interview around the office. Everyone I met seemed exhausted, confused, and frazzled.

The company has a terrible recruiting process and wouldn't recommend anyone wasting their time to interview. The interviewers aren't respectful of your time. They don't provide feedback after your interview.

I'll be shocked if this company lasts. If you treat prospective employees without respect, I can only imagine how you treat your current employees and customers. Kaiser, mayo clinic, New Zealand gov, you should dump this company and use one of the other telemedicine companies that has their act together and is professional inside and out.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA (US)).

Interview

Very disorganized. Spoke with head of product, great guy, seemed very driven and intelligent. Did a take home project, and was invited onsite to talk to the head of eng.
    Had a 30 min onsite, then was rejected the next day. The company doesn't respect candidates' time, as the conversation could have happened over a phone call, and I wasn't even given a tour of the office.
    A few days later, the internal recruiter reached out to me again, without a hint of our past conversations. Seems very disorganized.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

A recruiter approached me on Hackerank. The whole process took about 2 weeks. It took 7 business days from the first interview to the offer. The interview process is extremely disorganized. All my interviewers were late, some even 30 mins late. I had two technical interviews with engineers, one technical interview with hiring manager. One brain teaser interview with the CTO and one behavioral with the CEO. I rejected the offer because I think what Ron Gutman, the CEO, did with his previous venture, HealthSphere, is unethical. The start date on my offer letter was 2 weeks before my agreed upon start date. Considering the unethical behaviors reported on glassdoor, it was very possible they did it intentionally, so when I start 2 weeks after the date on the offer letter, they could renegotiate(lower) my compensation because I didn't start on time.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.