Interview Question

Senior Manager BI Interview

-Luxembourg

Amazon

I want to spend 15 mil. GBP on Kindle campaign promoting pet food category. In the fictive country with 15 mil inhabitants. What do you say to me?

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answer

1 Answer

Given the penetration of tablets & readers of about 35% (good guess for Europe); 30% Kindle market share (good guess for Europe) and maximum campaign response of 10% (extremely generous for category promotion campaign) you'll be addressing approximately 75 thousand already acquired customers (all of them have Kindle after all). So the total campaign effect (and we are not talking about purchase amount but about margins) should be at least 200 GBP per customer. To have acceptable ROI the effect should be 240 GBP. And this simply will not work. I did not pass because I didn't divide the responses into primary responses and into secondary, taking into account complimentary goods and customer loyalty and his lifetime with the company... But this is really rubbish. If the idea is stupid from the beginning - you don't have to waste time to go into each detail.

Anonymous on

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.