IFC Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Interviews at IFC

3.1

Investment Consultant Interview

Interview

Interview Questions

• The 2 hour online technical test was mostly about accounting skills such as forecasting cash flows and calculating working capital. I didn't have the accounting background so it was tough to me. I couldn't make it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IFC in May 2020.

Interview

Applied in the early February and received interview invitation 3 months later. Went through 3 rounds online panel interviews within a month. I was promised to be informed within 1-2 weeks after the last round. However, I have been for 1 month without any updates. Then I happened to know from someone inside that they hired someone else but still no formal emails telling me that. The hiring process of the World Bank/IFC is always frustrating. Keeping your words and informing candidates timely your decision (given only few candidates can make to the last round) are not hard. Please value candidates’ efforts and time. Don’t just threw them an automatic reply 3 months after the interview saying you’re not considered.

Interview Questions

• Background check, go through resume, behavioral questions about personality, future plans, fundamental economics concepts etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Africa, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IFC (Africa, MO (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

3 months now still waiting, application status is still Under review . i have already been interviewed and ask for references. Since i have been waiting but no update. I sent an email but they did not get back to me.

Knowledge Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at IFC (Washington, DC (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

A officer and an analyst interviewed me. They introduced their department and team. Quickly introduced the duty of my position. Then went through my resume and asked some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• did you have an experience when you have too much pressure from work and you have to multi-task? How did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IFC.

Interview

Applied online and received invite for a 35 minutes panel interview with six or seven members of the team via webex. Fast paced interview. Brief introduction of each team member.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you think this position is a good opportunity to contribute.
      What do you know about us?
      Macro related questions to debt crisis, trade policy and macro indicators in developing countries.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IFC.

Interview

Two rounds of Skype interviews. First one is panel, focusing on use cases. Second one is behavioral. The Skype call quality was not good and could not hear the questions most of the time.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IFC.

Interview

They got me in there taking and answeing all these questions and then they let me know if I got the job or not, usually that's how the play goes of this society

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate to join ?   1 Answer

Extended Term Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IFC (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

The process started with an email asking for a prescreening phone interview, followed by a Videoconference interview (as I was living in a different city). The interviews were straighforward, with regular interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your past experience about climate finance   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IFC (Washington, DC (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Accounting and modeling were key items during the interview. Talked to at least 6-7 people to get the offer. No face to face meeting but mostly on VC because team members are usually spread out.

Interview Questions

• Case study of 3-4 hours with modeling and basic accounting   1 Answer

Tech Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at IFC (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

Not good. There were three people in the panel and one on the conf call. Overall experience not good. Two of them were not even allowing me to finish my answers and already they had made up their mind to not select me. Very unprofessional behavior to not let the other person speak or answer. If you have some minimum year of experience required then Please do not call candidates who don't meet that requirement. After calling you only stress on this point and do not allow the candidate to talk or answer the questions. Or atleast have a phone screening to make this point clear.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you can do this job when you don't have 5 years of exp?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.