IFC Investment Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

IFC Investment Officer Interview Questions

Interviews at IFC

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IFC (Singapore) in April 2020.

Interview

There was a short online test + a detailed online case study around on Webex and 2 VC interviews with ~5 people (first time 3 people and second time 2 people)

Interview Questions

• 1. Ask about your back ground?
    2. Check to see how you can contribute to the role you are being hired for?
    3. Why you make a good fit?
    4. Case studyish questions about how you would approach this in your work at IFC   6 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for IFC

Investment Officer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at IFC.

Interview

Modelling test and interviews. Spoke with relevant teams. All senior staff, no inclusion of same or lower rank. Long waits between each stage and long process to discuss offer details

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with an organization with many decision makers   Answer Question

Investment Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IFC.

Interview

The invited me an online interview 1 month after applying. There were 2 people on online interview. They asked a lot of questions about the job and my background. They were friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the industry, dynamics of the industry
      Tell us about the work you have done before
      They gace me an example in the sector and asked questions about its potential loan and security package   Answer Question

Investment Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at IFC (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was composed by 6 phases:
    1st phase: 4hour investment case related to the business sector that you are applling for and cover a list of exhaustive topics (Valuation, sector analysis and investment recommendations). You must performe financial projections (market growth, inflation rate, price per item) including capex and networking capital assumptions.
    2nd phase: interview with 2 senior investment officers by video which basically, relied on cv review, past deals, international exposure and experience on the sector they were willing to search for.
    3rd phase: interview with 2 senior investiment officers where they tested the knowledge on their past transactions and investment structures, knowledge on the sector this position was applying for by describing the main issues on a hipotethical investment and day by day experiences that could be useful for the job position
    4th phase: Interview with a principal investment officer which basically relied on CV review (deal experience, transaction structure) and test your knowledge on the sector and geography that you are applying for, inclusively, asking what should be the invesment strategy for IFC.
    5th phase: Interview with a principal investment officer that basically covered behavioural questions and cv review
    6th phase: Interview with a principal investment officer that basically covered the challenges of that position and role of IFC in the current investment environment.

I dont know if I was selected or not, since it has been 2 1/2 month since the last interview and I havent already received any feedback. Although I assume I was not selected.
    I am just a kind of disappointed that an organization like World Bank/IFC is not able to give a feedback to the non-selected candidates that got into the final phase of a so long and time consuming recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• How you would assess an investment in the sector X and which kinds of issues would you be concerned?
      Please criticize one of our investment in the geographical and sector area which you are applying for?
      There is room for more investment in a certain sector? Why?
      What is your goal in life?
      What are you most proud of yourself?
      Which approach would you have during your business development tasks?   1 Answer

Investment Officer Interview

Interview

A three-part test that includes tests on financial statements, cash flow, and a case study. Followed a few weeks later by an interview (over skype in my case) by two investment officers.

Interview Questions

• Very detailed questions about past transaction experience (structure, challenges, solutions etc).   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.