Infineon Technologies Data Scientist Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 397 interviews

2.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Infineon Technologies

Infineon Technologies

Application

I interviewed at Infineon Technologies

Interview

Webex was insanely bad. My audio kept dropping. HR suggested to use the phone app alongside the laptop to ensure that I could at least get through it, suggesting that this is very common. If you see Webex being used for the (or any for that matter) interview, you should just decline the interview. Hiring managers were nice enough. The questions they asked were quite strange because they could refer to my resume to know the answer.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have experience working in a factory?
    1 Answer
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Infineon Technologies (Singapore) in Jul 2017

Interview

1st round: two technical staff (one team leader, one business analyst), asked about basic technical questions. 2nd round: conference meeting with BI director in Munich. Not many technical questions. Focused on your attitude. 3rd round: Singapore BI director + one old HR manger(?). They asked some odd, strange behaviour questions. I guess they have no ideas of data science and this role.

Interview Questions
  • They will ask you something like is there something math could go wrong? are you an introvert or extrovert? how can you judge the company culture?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Infineon Technologies (Singapore) in Nov 2016

Interview

Applied online couple weeks and received the interview invitation email from HR. HR staff was super nice and professional, patiently and meticulously checked each doc. But those two interviewers were pretty unprofessional, and I can say my first time meeting with those interviewers in my life, ever and never. 2 interviewers, a old one like department manager and young man like technical person. The old knew nothing and asked many out of logic questions, totally unreasonable. The young pretended to know everything and asked some relevant questions. But I also doubt his knowledge, as a big mistake on explanation one basic theory to me. The place is super hard to find and slippery, no bus, and even no pavement. Only one bus from Woodland direction. I took 1 hour MRT and walked on a dusty construction road, with overriding couple fences of other companies and found it for 40 mins by walking. Seems everyone in that company know this point, and the first question from both HR and Interviewers were how did you find this location. In all, a bad experience and time wasting interview, and made me so embarrassed. Another point is that bad atmosphere in that company, cuz I saw many employee gossiping in the lobby about their online shopping boots, and very arrogant receptionist and interviewers. Do not have too much expectation, it is not Germany company style and I began to doubt the neighbor Siemens is also like this way. Ashamed!

Interview Questions
  • Questions on clustering and classification difference.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Infineon Technologies (Singapore) in Dec 2015

Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks to have the first round. It was bit difficult to find the right office as the address was not clearly communicated to me. Once I manage to reach, the HR lady led me to a small room, and asked me to wait. Two guys came after 5-10 minutes, one was probably the lead/manager and the other was a young guy probably a technical staff. The lead was only interested in my past experience and his questions gave me an impression that he may be from HR as he doesn't seem to know of anything analytics. He didn't know what he was talking, few times the other guy had to rectify the questions from him, so I was confused at the end of the interview about who is the senior among them. The young one seemed more rational and asked most of the relevant questions. He also told a nice story to make me relaxed (probably observed that I was getting nervous with the questions) and encouraged me to take more time and give the best answer. When I asked about the day to day responsibilities & career path in this team, again the lead guy answered in a manner that I didn't get whether he himself understood his answers or not. Overall not a very good feeling.

Interview Questions
  • Two puzzles, one was a nice variant of the 25 horses problem which took most of the time. Few questions on Stats like Hypothesis testing & Heteroscedasticity, Clustering, forecasting methodologies etc.
2 people found this interview helpful

Infineon Technologies

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Infineon Technologies in May 2015

Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Infineon Technologies (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2015. The interview round has 2-3 rounds initially starts with technical team and then director level interview, then a HR Round. The person who interviewed me didnt even have a basic understanding of statistical methods neither on machine learning methods. He was late by 10-15 minutes for the interview, he was basically asking question on what have you done in the past, what was the scenario you had to use statistical methodolgies / machine learning methods. One clear message was that the people who interviewed, didnt have any clear picture of what skills they are exactly looking for.The person who interviewed me was neither well versed in the BI technical background nor in analytics background. The second round was even worse, the person who interviewed, doesnt even know what he is talking. These people are "Analytically illiterates", they dont know to speak in the analytics language, especially at the senior level doesnt even come to a direct question, he always beats around the bush. If you are not selected here feel that you're the lucky ones that you dont have to deal with illiterate people and go through hell. These places you dont have a clear path for growth neither they have any long term plan for analytics.

Interview Questions
  • Some of the questions were related to forecasting methods, validation of forecasting methods, hypothesis testing....etc. What is the difference between machine learning and statistics.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Infineon Technologies (Singapore) in Oct 2014

Interview

The position is data scientist in their business intelligence/data analytics team. The interview is with the team leader/manager and a technical staff. The questions are mostly related to my past experience and some ad hoc ones regarding the technical details of my projects. Since my background is more in engineering while their vision for the postion is to analyze business/operation related data, there isn't a strong match I think which lead to no offer given.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing too difficult. But it feels they don't have a very clear picture of the types of work this position is covering, since the team is expanding to previously uncharted areas.
RSS Feed</>Embed